Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Families 1932 Ford Roadster Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Nov 13, 2022.

1. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That’s family, cool good luck !

Troublemaker427 likes this.
  2. banjorear

banjorear

That's rad. Congratulations

3. WC145

WC145
    from Maine

Terrific story and what a great looking hot rod!! Is there some secret to getting in and out that I'm not seeing? The doors on a '30 are welded shut but it heavily channeled the tops of the doors are cut down so I can swing a leg over and climb in. I don't think I could swing a leg up into your car!

4. Paul Ashley

Paul Ashley
    from West GA

Only thing better than an amazing car, is an amazing car with a great story !

5. Since you mentioned, yeah Uncle Ronnie pissed us off.... He told both my father and I he promised his father (my grandfather, Mom's Dad), that "he would never sell it".... He was/is never a hands on car guy and had no ability to do anything with it. Dad and I both told him if we had it we would restore it and it would never leave the family. That didn't seem to matter to him. I eventually found out he had it in Hemmings for sale from a friend. The friend offered to buy it and sell it to me for what he paid. I was so pissed that we were lied to that I let it go. I regretted that for 11 years until I found it at Hershey. Now it is my car and will always stay in my family. Uncle Ronnie is still alive but our families really don't talk. He knows I have the car but hasn't asked to come see it and that's fine... I wanted it because my grandfather built it and he and I were very close. I used to beg him to get the "roadster" out of the barn and fix it up when I was young but he would always say it is your Uncle's car, not mine even though it was always in my grandfather's name. I still think he had something to do with me finding it the way I did from upstairs....

Thor1, -Brent-, X-cpe and 20 others like this.
  6. I step on the rear tire and hold on to the rollbar and step into the car. It isn't easy but I can do it for now...LOL

7. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a great story, and a killer roadster !!!

8. ken bogren

ken bogren

Great story and cool car.

Has to feel wonderful to have it back in the family!

9. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Geez,I'm 72,think I'd have a harder time getting out,lol!

10. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Sometimes family just plain suck

11. NoSurf

NoSurf

What a great story. Happy ending.

12. Moondog13

Moondog13

So cool! Anymore "back in the day" pics?

winr and Troublemaker427 like this.
  13. I have one that my Mom found but I need to scan it.

Tim likes this.
  14. Toms Dogs

Toms Dogs
    from NJ

2 Words - FLATHEADS FOREVER :D:rolleyes:

15. Budget36

Budget36

Heck of a car and story. Family is a funny thing, sometimes you need to extend the olive branch, so you get the full story.
    Reach out to your uncle, invite him over for a bite to eat, whatever, and let him see the car.
    Not car related, but due to my Dad and aunts bickering when their folks passed, I never saw those cousins for 30 years. When we all finally got together, we all shook our heads.
    I’m not implying you have family issues, but having your uncle over, breaking some bread, so to speak, you may be able to understand a bit more from where he was coming from.
    In the meantime, enjoy!!!

16. I saw it in Hershey! Congratulations and best luck enjoying it.:cool::cool:

17. Here is the car prior to it being painted. My uncle is behind the wheel... 313341118_1594526477634255_3972998254027015368_n.jpg

Stogy, 40two, Squablow and 8 others like this.
  18. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Very cool pic! Your uncle had the hot rodder look with the slicked back hair!

40two and Troublemaker427 like this.
  19. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story & good pix!!------At 89 I have given my roadster to my son to enjoy as i did for 300,000 happy miles.

1929rats, Thor1, The37Kid and 4 others like this.
  20. Son, I say son, you done hit the bullseye ( jackpot that is) congratulations on getting your family heirloom back. Now you, your mother and the rest of your family can go out and enjoy it.

21. 34 5W Paul

34 5W Paul
    from Fresno CA

Damn, that is an awesome story. We've all made regrettable decisions, so your letting go of the car (not having your Bud buy it via the Hemmings listing) and coming to rue that one is very relatable. I have some relatives I'm pissed at and I probably need to get over it, although I haven't. I'd be pissed at the broken promise as well. What the (Fresno)??
    Makes it twice as sweet that your Grampa guided you right to the car and you were wise enough to pull the trigger. Enjoy the hell out of it.

22. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Excellent! You've enjoyed it and now your son will.

23. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

That's a hell of a story. Glad you got the car back. Enjoy.

24. Awesome story. It was meant to be yours. Things sometimes take strange routes in getting where they need to be. Enjoy the car, it’s killer.

25. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

He could pass for Ricky Nelson !

26. Hotrodderman

Hotrodderman

It is a great story and the really neat part was the owner in Canada didn't change it as it would have been tempting to make the doors and deck lid functional again. Cool that he didn't and took care to restore the car as it was.

hightower611 and Troublemaker427 like this.
  27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Congratulations on getting the car back! The guy in Canada deserves some compliments as well for restoring the car as it was, it could have bene rebuilt totally different and go unnoticed as your car. Bob

28. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look where his knees are!

29. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This just feels real good!

I dream of coming across the ‘29 I helped my brother build in the early 60’s.
    Dream on!

30. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Yes he could,lol!