Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My F1 project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scott, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Some interesting ideas here. I'm thinking about rescuing a destroyed 48 panel. It will be channeled, and the big truck fenders may be the answer I was looking for.

2. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Scotty, Good looking truck ! Wish you all the best on this new build. Going to be as low one !

Happy Thanksgiving to you and family.

Dave and Bernice

3. Scott

Scott

Same to you Dave and Bernice

4. Scott

Scott

The last few days I have been working on a support structure for the fenders.
    Seems really solid now. Used steel that I had lying around. Holding to my zero budget plans.:cool:, although I'm going to need some Ar/Co2 pretty soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/I]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  5. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Scotty, Looking good man. Keep on doing what you can. Got any parts you are getting rid of ? May help you out that way.

Dave

6. Scott

Scott

Got er out in the sun today. Trimmed the fenders and started removing paint.
    I have a set of Cragars that I would really like to use. I think I will have to find a set of skinnies with a 5-1/2 BP. I have adapters for the rear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

I keep thinking "That's not....." and "That should be ......" but the biggest thought is "Damn that looks like some cheap fun, and I can't stop smiling!!!!".

and I LOVE the 5-slot mags!!!!:D

8. toolman1967

toolman1967

Very nice, We are working on a 49 F1 and are going through the same issues with the front end. I am in the process of grafting a set of 47 Ford sedan fenders on the F1 fenders to get a different look and smaller wheelwell opening.

Nice job on your truck.

9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Are you going to install the running boards?

10. Scott

Scott

Not planning on it at this time

11. Scott

Scott

Weekend progress included sanding paint off. added some simple hinges to hood It will work. Ill use some matching hardware
    Using some 80grit on an HF sander. Paint is coming off relatively easily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. fiftee6effie

fiftee6effie

Nice truck,I building a 49 Canadian Merc M1 truck (same as the F1) nice to get different ideas, I'm still in the planning stages but it'll have a ftattie V8, volare ifs an low dollar truck (ya right)!!

13. fiftee6effie

fiftee6effie

Bad typing, I meant Ford flathead V8

14. you know you're low when you have to cut the bottoms of the fenders off

lookin' good!

I'm not getting squat done on my project so figured I'll go around and pester you other F1 guys.

15. Scott

Scott

I figured that out last night , with photo chop!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  16. Scott

Scott

A couple of quick hood props after work
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Scott

Scott

Took the truck around the block a few times today :) she has some torque. Painted the headlight buckets Wired in headlights (spent 6 bucks on some pos headlight pigtails,But they work) and modified some M/C headlights to fit. Truck wont shift into first manually. Needs adjustment.(B&M ratchet type)
    Had some scraping when leaving the driveway, Im thinking of trimmingthe front and eliminating the frame "notches" by cutting straight across. you cans see the area painted red. Opinions welcome.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Other than the hood hinges.......... I like it.

19. derbydad276

derbydad276

looks like the front wheel openings need to be closed up

20. atch

atch

i've owned clarence for 38 years. i've looked at hundreds (thousands?) of f-1 trucks over the years and never yet seen a front end treatment i liked better than the original. if you figure out something better i'd sure like to see it.

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

What are the hood hinges from ?

22. Flamin'

Flamin'

Scott, too bad you don't live closer to me. I've got some parts that would've saved you quite a bit of time and work that I would've donated to the project. I've watched several local guys take the front sheet metal off of F1s calling themselves building r*t rods and I just shake my head and buy or pull the cast off parts out of the scrap. The front clip on my F1 came off of a truck that a guy channeled 8inches and then subframed it and left the fenders off of it SMFH... the worst part of it all was the truck he sarted with was a mild custom survivor that had a sweet running flattie in it, canted quad headlights mounted inside the original grille opening, and 58 Chevy Biscayne tail lights.

23. Tank

Tank

Looks so much better with fenders and a hood!

24. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Oh yeah! :)

25. Scott

Scott

I've been working on paint removal the last few days, got the fenders pretty clean with only a few spots left. A bit to do on the hood yet.
    Shaved about 2 inches off the fenders, so now I can get into the driveway without scraping. Started to bang the dents out of the rear fenders. Ill be using skinnier rear wheels
    I took it for a test drive on Saturday. My flathead radiator leaks like a sieve
    so a new radiator is on order.(so much for zero budget ):cool: Took care of a few more leaks. I don't think Ill be driving it on New Years Day, but in a couple of weeks I'll be on the road.:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Tank

Tank

The rear fenders look great!

27. toolman1967

toolman1967

I keep coming back and reading this thread, Good job. Looks so much better with fenders and hood!

28. Scott

Scott

Here are some interior pictures. the wiring was kind of a bird nest without any fuses, filled in a couple of holes and got the tach to stay in place.(the hole is too big) got the gauge lights working. I will do a new dash at some point, but now getting er on the road is a priority. A few more wires to clean up(radio and blower) I also need an access hole to the brake master. Actually the interior is comfy. My A pickup was cramped.
    Thanks for lookin:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

???:confused:

30. Scott

Scott

They are Stainless hinges from a marine supply They are inexpensive and they work.