Register now to get rid of these ads!

my f-100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TN young gun, Sep 22, 2005.

1. TN young gun

TN young gun

Hey everyone. just wanted to show some pics of my truck. i just got the pics small enough today. these pics were takin last summer i think. now it has a mustang 2 front end and sittin alot lower. The back is next to drop. so what do you think ol' skool enough?

2. TN young gun

TN young gun

anyone else with 40's or 50's f-1 trucks post pics please. i would like to see what other guys are doing

3. bcarlson

bcarlson

Very cool young gun! I have photos, but they are just of my rusty heap so far! :) It looks like it's sitting a little lower than stock, did you just remove springs, or do a front clip or?

Take care,

Ben

<edit> Wow, these meds are screwing with me pretty severely, I missed all of the info about the MII... sorry guys, maybe I'll just read tonite and not post! :) </edit>

4. TN young gun

TN young gun

Before the mII, it had 2 leafs taken out of the front springs which took alot of the arch out of them. My steering box started to go so i parked it for a complete rebuild. A good friend from columbia,TN, Brad T., helped me do everything w/ the new frontend.

5. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

heres my brotha Rick's truck fellow SINNER

Attached Files:

6. TN young gun

TN young gun

Man thats what i want mine to look like pretty much. Is he runnin bags? I've got alot of bodywork to do, but after that it will get some color of suede paint.

7. Sport N Woode

Sport N Woode
    from Middle TN

Looks great!!! Can't wait to see it in person!

8. RagDoll

RagDoll

I like your choice of tires, and am partial to the '55. Nice truck. (JMHO, would rather see a chrome bumper or another color, but nice truck none the less!)

Here's ours:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/keahi73/IMG_0164.jpg

Sorry, at a craptastic dialup connection, Can't attach a pic properly. I'll edit it when I get home.

9. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Cool! BTTT ha ha :DSparkles

10. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Here's a shot of my 55. It's looked exactly the same for the last 4 years. I've got plans for it but life keeps getting in the way. I've got to shave & suicide the doors, chop the top, put in decanted chrysler headlights and grille with some WWW tires. It's gonna get there just might take a couple more years. I drive it way too much tear it apart right now though.

I recently put some chrome steel wheels on it.
    photo courtesy of www.carnut.com

[​IMG]

11. TN young gun

TN young gun

One thing that is giving me trouble with the truck right now is that when i was putting the hood back on after having it off for the frontend upgrade, it would not line up again. there is a big gap in the back where it won't sit down on the front of the cab. Also my motor needs to be tuned real bad. the throttle has slow response and sometimes it wants to die if too much gas is given? Dont really know what to fix. I think i have an exhaust leak, would that be the main problem? I guess it's time to upgrade to some nice n' loud headers:D !!

12. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

The hood problem could be a hinge adjustment,or worn-out hinge pivots. If they are worn out,check the classifieds here,let'em know what you are WTB(wanting to buy).There are a lot of f100 guys on here.As far as the engine goes,if it's had a recent tune-up,and you still have a problem. I'm suspecting a wornout timing chain. If it's original,with 60-plus K,a new chain will do wonders for off-idle acelleration. An exhaust leak won't kill aceleration too much,but could carbon-monoxide-kill YOU:eek:. Stock manifolds,and some 22"steelpacks would sound sweet,without blowing out you eardrums.(WHAT?):DSparrkkee

13. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

I want one. It really wouldnt fit in with all the Buicks. Damnit why didnt Buick make trucks. I guess I could put a nailhead in it and call it close enough.

14. k9racer

k9racer

Nice truck try to get it running. sparkey and associates will be attending the second annual cook out cruise in, in huntsville alabama on sunday 30 oct 2005. everything is free. lots of food, beer,and door prizes for those with cars and scotters.get it running and carrivan down, looking forward to meeting you. Bobby.. do you still have the stearing box and front axel assy?

15. Hello TN young gun

Nice truck! I wish I had the time and motivation to fix our truck also, but the trucks runs great and I can keep on dream on what to do. Is your truck a 54? Is it a 292 in it?

Later Lars

Attached Files:

16. TN young gun

TN young gun

Its a 55 F-100 with a ford 302 out of a 70's f-150, it was rebuilt?...i'd say maybe 4-5 yrs ago. the trans is a c4 thats the same age as the motor.

17. TN young gun

TN young gun

Thanks sparky, I'll definately look for some hinges and seriously consider the timing chain. I'll get it tuned up before i spend money on parts though. I'm as cheap as they come:eek: :D !! As for the exhaust, it could use a new sound!!