Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My evil plan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john james, Nov 5, 2009.

1. So I'm livin' here in the poorhouse gutter,and out of the blue I get this really cool new job. Now it looks like I can finally start "My Evil Plan", and first up just happens to be brakes 'cause only the front left is working at the moment, so i'm thinkin' "front discs,booster"yeah yeah. But maybe I'm should gonna do it kinda' ol fashioned, and just add a modern master cylinder to the stock manual drum deal,and since I'm gonna keep the 223 I dont really need no stinkin' booster. With the $$$ that I dont use there I can do offenhauser stuff and perhaps those edlebrock 94s I saw in here somewhere... So if anyone has experience,or an opinon on doing a modern master cylinder swap, it would be great to hear from ya. thanks, JohnnyJim

2. slepe67

slepe67

search it, there have been a few lately on the topic. You gotta explain WHAT you have, in finite detail. We can't answer a question like that without details.

3. I don't know if this qualifies as "experience" but it was a modern master cylinder, etc.... I had HAMB advice that said to make sure the bore sizes are similar if not identical. I am sticking with drums for now but this master will handle disks and if need be can be mounted on a booster... if and when I get old.

Here is the link

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308693

4. doctorZ

doctorZ

For starters, it would be helpful to know what you have. From there, you can usually get an adapter (or make one) to go from an early single reservoir to a later dual. Throw on a proportioning valve and make sure you do the math right (master cylinder ratio to wheel cylinder ratio) and you'll be all set.

5. sorry,1957 f-100

6. doctorZ

doctorZ

Sacramento Vintage Ford sells the adapter, longer rod and mastercylinder for your application. You should be able to get everything shipped to you for about $175.
    Talk to James: (916) 853-2244