Register now to get rid of these ads!

My DeSoto was vandalized over the weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41hemi, Nov 17, 2009.

1. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Don't go to jail. Had issues with a reject at my old place. We called the cops, his grandpa would say the kid was home all night (even after we watched him run across the feild) and the law wouldn't do a thing. The little bastard would even tell me and all the neighbors "I'm only 16, if you touch me you go to jail." This went on for two years until I showed up at his house with a couple of big and ugly youngsters. After I explained that the kids in the back of my truck were only 16 and they would be looking for him everyday if the problems didn't stop, the problem was solved. Cops won't do anything to the punks, get some punks of your own. I hated to go that route, but at some point you get sick of working hard only to have some young punk destroy what you own.

2. 47 ford

47 ford

sorry to hear that man, fix it, karma will get them

3. LAROKE

LAROKE

Takes balls to admit watching that movie. I'll take your word on it since I've never seen it . . . Never watched "Follow That Bird" either :eek:

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

chances are if their ugly mugs didnt show up good enough on the video..nothing will be done to them..no "positive ID" is what the cops will say..and so will the lawyers for the punks.

our F-ing legal system is seriously flawed..this was probably not the first time, and it wont be the last for these jerk offs..how do you think 90% of these repeat offenders are still out walking the streets with us?..because of a bunch of cry babies that dont want to act on "small time shit"..so it just continues to escalate(sp)..next these dip shits will band together and rob a pizza delivery boy..and when he dont give up the cash quck and easy..little Mr. window basher will shoot the pizza guy..yes this is a generalization..but..its happining folks dont fool yourselfs

Real sorry about your damage..i hope the law does take interest and try to at least get their point across to them..

5. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Sorry to hear about this.
    The same thing happened to my bro-in-law, some kid or kids broke into his garage while he was at work and broke every piece of glass on his '36 Ford 4 door sedan. His was a ton easier to replace then your's I'd bet, much easier (flat glass and all) then a '55 DeSoto....BUMMER!

6. I Drag

I Drag

I hope the cops are not able to identify the culprits on the video.

I hope you are.

7. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Silhouettes, yes, the two curved glasses are tougher, BUT at least all eight of the sied glasses are FLAT. I have a back windscreen to "pay forward" for the fix, if I can get other HAMBers to gradually work it eastward from Ohio for the fix. And if another HAMBer has the windshield, it would sure help (I think one of our guys has already said he does.)

8. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I remember when I had a small ad in the paper saying "i'll buy your cheap classic cars" etc...

Had this old lady call me to see if I wanted a Jeep Cherokee Sport (2 door), fully loaded, 4.0 H.O. with 5 speed, 4x4... for FREE...

She said, "we're the original owners and gave it to our grandson for his first vehicle... he kinda beat it up with his friends and now we'd like to see it gone..."

When I showed up, my jaw dropped to the floor. This thing had 40k miles and perfect paint... it had a dead battery and wouldn't start for the kid. So instead of fixing it... they took crowbars and baseball bats to EVERYTHING. The even broke the plastic valve cover off, and stuck a crowbar in the throttle body, breaking it to shit. They took knives to the seats and cinder blocks to the body... top and sides.

They missed NOTHING. They even bent the shifter around backwards.

I felt bad for the elderly couple, but I just had to leave it. nothing was useable. They even broke the rocker arm studs with a sledge...

Jesus.

-Chris

9. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Work at identifying one of them from the video. Then track him down. Then get the names of the rest of them out of him. Battery with jumper cables. Scrotum. Won't even need to connect them up, a bluff will spill the beans. Get the picture?

10. oj

oj

Let me add my outrage to all the others who have read this thread. How about doing a followup and let know what happens.
    Since it is a country club and all, closed community, did you recognize any of the little fuckers? They did 'just happen' to be there is what i'm thinking. Good luck.

11. 41hemi

41hemi

We think the kids are local as they are seen walking in. A copy of the security film has been given to the police officer investigating this. He will send a copy to each police officer assigned to the middle and high schools in the area. The kids appear to be 13-15 years old. BTW, the first one to pick up a stone and throw it in the video is a girl.....

12. lamy_chop

lamy_chop
    BANNED

when they catch the kids and don't prosecute for shit, then go after the parents with a civil lawsuit. you'll have plenty of evidence against them and don't let them settle out of court, take it all the way, pain, suffering, the whole nine yards. make the parents py for this, because we all know the kids won't ever have to.

13. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

41Hemi wrote: Thank you so much for your offer of rear glass!! You are a class act sir! I actually have 2 tinted rear glass in my attic. Desertratrodder has offered me the front glass for free. I'm checking on shipping right now. The tough part will be the stainless "dividers" between the vents and the regular roll down glass in all 4 doors. The vandals destroyed all of them. They are riveted to the doors so I just don't know at this point what can be done about that. The power of the HAMB is hard to match!! Again, many thanks, Al Bateman
    Jimi answer: Hey, Al! Talk about a class act, YOU are one, man. Instead of going livid (at least after the initial impulse, I bet!), you start making lemonade out of a lemons situation!!! I'm glad you don't need my rear curved windscreen (also free), and that you have a spare or two THERE.
    Not sure where DesertRatRodder is, but for possible reference, I shipped a DeS windshield from Ohio to L.A. 2 years ago via FedEx & it was $90 for that big crate I had to make. Maybe it can be done cheaper, OR the HAMB network could gradually get the windshield to you out East? Guys do haul back & forth pretty often, so maybe it could be a modern Pony Express?
    Now, you say that the vandals beat the hell out of your side VENT tracks, too? Actually, I believe that the side vent-window window tracks are assemblies that bolt to fixtures within the doors. Hope that helps. Keep yer chin up! You are an exemplary man; maybe those damn smart-ass kids should LOOK to you as an example of a hard-working, down-to-earth human being! Salute!!

14. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

But, yeah, 29Nash's jumper cable bluff would be tempting, eh?

15. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Al wrote: Thanks Jimi, hell at first I just felt vengeful but the more time that passes reminds me that we were all kids at one time and did dumb stuff. Not saying let them go scott free but hopefully help them learn the pain early enough that they might get turned around. Guess I'm just tired of the bad shit and want to see some good, you know! Everyone here on the HAMB has been great; I'm still trying to send PMs to everybody that has offered help in one way or another! Sincerely, Al Bateman

Jimi: Yo, Al, I hope you don't mind my sharing your 2 PM missives, but you have had a rough episode AND managed to keep yer dauber up and, now, even thinking positively. You're just a cool dude! GLAD so many HAMBers have offered to do what they can to help get the DeS back where it was BEFORE the vandals ever struck!

16. Model_A

Model_A
    from New york

Sorry to hear what happened man post up the vid

17. 41hemi

41hemi

Thanks Jimi for the kind words. I guess in the scope of things going on in my life this incident is not being allowed to ruin my day! I keep reminding myself that things could be a boatload worse! Thanks to all that have offered help... I just haven't finished up sending all the PMs that need to go out. I challenge anyone to try surpassing the power of the HAMB!! Al

18. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

"AMEN!" on the HAMB !!!

19. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Yo, 41 Hemi, how are things going in getting replacement glass lined up for the '55? Hope ALL is well, man! Good luck.

20. sinks88

sinks88

HOLY FUCK, Where is "Christine" when you need her!

21. 41hemi

41hemi

Hey Jimi, I went down to North Carolina this weekend and picked up all the glass and vent frames needed!! I'm in the process of getting new felting to install the side glass. Does anyone know where I can get new weatherstrips for the windshield and rear glass? Steele Rubber Products does not show it in their catalog. Thanks to ALL who have offered help in one way or another.

22. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

damn that sucks! at least they didnt touch the grill

23. Alot of that comes down to parenting. I would beat my kinds within an inch of their life if I found out they did something like this!

I know I'm late on this one but hope you get the little bastards. Glad you've found the glass. Good luck!!

24. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

have they catched them little bastards yet ? i vote for castration anybody agree....kanter might have rubber ,call them and call steele they might know where to send you.......

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  25. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

I know this will be OT and neither turn back time nor provide 41hemi with good glass, but...

... ruining "something cool" is exactly what kids are being taught today.

Hollywood just keeps cranking out movies where cool old rides are getting smashed up and crashed, and broad consent in general blames the gasoline-guzzling behemothes of an era gone by as gross polluters which are solely the culprit for *caughs, caughs* global warming.

Then again, ignorance, envy and stupidity are the essential fuels for vandalism, always have been; as is drug abuse.

26. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

sorry to hear man,on this side of the world we have the same problem with out of control kids,the parents don't give a shit,the cops have basically given up and the judges give them a slap on the wrist,and us car guys are the hoodlums?.

27. rustyhood

rustyhood

Those are some sad pics dude. Some kids today are sure lacking red azzez. There was a time when Police would come out and take fingerprints. But now they just have you call the station so you can buy a Police report for insurance. The vandals and thieves seem to get away unless they get caught by owner with pistol. (Justice served) and another scab off the azz of society.

28. Home you catch those delinquent bastards.

Did you find a windshield yet ? I know I had a VERY HARD time locating a new one for my 58 Coronet. I finally found one, in the back storage room of a local glass shop. It had been there since 1960.

29. Try Gary Goers for window gaskets...

30. 59 brook

59 brook

had the same thing happen to me and the kids got caught red handed when they came back the second night for more fun. the police made them pay me as much for the glass as i paid for the car and the motor and trans were coming out anyway for my 59 wagon.