Register now to get rid of these ads!

My DeSoto was vandalized over the weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41hemi, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

That is bad, glad they were caught on tape. Some kids just don't care. I had some kids burst out a window in a car in my grandparents yard. all were young the oldest probably 14 and youngest 8-9. I know all would deny it was them that did it. I saw them in a valley in the woods the next day, they didn't see me. I fired a shotgun (not at them) but near they sacttered and not a one of them has ever came on the place again. it really echoed in the valley. It still cost me to get a window. but now they are scared to get near our place. Problem solved!!!
    Andy

2. that sucks man hope they catch them

3. When I was a kid guys used to go up the escarpment and hang out in the CN Rail Yard to smoke dope, fight and do whatever (vandalism of the trains in the yard was big). The CN security cops started to patrol the yard with Salt guns. After hearing about a guy at school having salt removed from his ass, I was too scared to go up there. I think we need a little more fear instilled in these little pricks with the big self esteem and the sense of entitlement.

4. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just threw up!! Sorry to see that happen. Hope you catch them...

5. nortonkel

nortonkel
    from colorado

When kids stole and destroyed one of my bikes the system wanted me to "understand that these are just poor kids, having a hard time" Like Hell!!! I had to fight every step of the way to get my bike restored and to see the little bastarders porsecuted, Hang in there and see that the little shits get burned!!! Good luck

6. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

Back in the 80's we had some of the little darlings take their mopeds to 4-5 of the golf course greens, at the Scioto Country Club. Did doughnuts, sliding stops and really screwed them up. We caught them before they could get off the course. The country club was all ready to sign the paperwork for the prosecution, until they found out that their daddys were members. So the Daddys paid for the damage, and no charges were filed. I was really honked off, but we got two of them a couple years later doing stuff that Mommy and Daddy couldn't get them out of.

7. Buildy

Buildy

"I chased them on foot for half a mile before I caught one of them. I almost ended up getting in trouble! I was the one who had done the wrong thing by chasing them down! If I would not have done it; it would not have gone anywhere. The 18 year old I caught rolled on everyone. The shooter had to pay court ordered restitution. His mother thought it was an unfare amount for an "old junky" car that was not even painted."

This is a perfect example of what is wrong! The parents! Instead of wrapping the Gun around the punks head the mother bitches about how much the little criminal has to pay to make things right, Dumb Bitch.
    It is like that in the hell hole city I live near. The parents are even more worthless than the punk-ass kids.

BTW -hope the DeSoto can be fixed and the punks caught and made to pay in full.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  8. Gigantor

Gigantor

Shitters.

That sucks hard. I'm really sorry to hear that and hope that country justice is served. Go easy on 'em my ass. Respect other people's shit. Isn't that a commandment?

9. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

These little bastards need to be caught and dealt with, make them pay and teach them a lesson! These punks probaly never did a days work in their lives, had everything handed to them and dont know the meaning of respect. I feel for you man. I partly blame it on society, as a whole everyone is becoming so pussyfied anymore. Not just with kids but everything. Bring back the days of being able to beat your kids ass for doing something that deserved being punished for. I know if my old man found out I did something like this to someone elses car he would have had my ass bigtime! I wouldn't have been sitting for a week and I would had to bust my ass to pay for it. Kids nowadays know nothing will happen when they get caught. They willl get a light slap on the wrist, and mom and dad are to busy to care what happens to them.

10. storm king

storm king

I don't have time to read every post on this thread, so I don't know if anyone else has covered this from this angle or not, but here's my .02...

I'd make 'em work with you to fix every bit of the damage. I'd watch every move they made like a hawk, show them how to remove every scrap of glass without damaging anything else, and have them there while I put it back together, having them do everything I could that they could handle. Who knows? You could end up with some good little go-fers, and get them interested in the hobby. Sometimes the best thing we can do in life is the thing we find at present most distasteful.

11. Larry T

Larry T

I didn't read the whole thread, but I hope they find them and hold them AND THEIR PARENTS accountable.
    Larry T

12. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wife was visiting in KC suburb and stopped to help some teenagers whose car was supposedly broken down. While she gave them a jump start, one of the little pricks, lifted her wallet with $3,500 in it, from the froint seat of her car. She had brought to make a cash purchase. Later in the day an convience store clerk called to let me know that a customer had spotted these guys dumping the wife's wallet in their trash. Clerk said they stopped there all the time and that they had these guys and their car on video tape. She pulled the tape for the police, who never bothered to even pick up the tapes or question to clerk. Repeated calls to that police dept. always got run around-----officier in charge not in today, cas transfered to another officer, etc. Finally, just gave up.

13. coryw

coryw
    from Omaha, NE

Go fuck yourself. The modern car junkyard is still someone's livelyhood. Why don't they do something to completely decimate your paycheck - as long as it isn't your car that's cool - right?

My parents used to own a junkyard next to the railroad tracks. Damn kids would throw rocks aiming for windows. If we were lucky they hit the window, if we weren't they destroyed $400+ doors with each throw. This shit isn't acceptable anywhere.

14. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

Just like Jules said in Pulp Fiction, it takes a dickless piece of shit to #uck with a mans car. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully they were rich little pricks and their parents would rather put new glass in your ride than lawyer-up.

15. I had a similer thing happen to my stepson, a girl that wanted to date him but he didn't poured spagitti(?) sauce into his gas tank, the cops caught her and ask if we wanted to press charges or just get them to pay, call the girls mom with 3 estimites, all around $600. she says"its just an old junky car and I give you $100." I said it dosen't matter what kind of car it is, we want it fixed, she said no, I said OK, we'll just PressCHARGES, and see how much a lawer is and when YOU lose, she will pay a fine and resistution. Then I gave her 24 hours, got a check the next day. So you have to be firm, and say if any more vandleizm we will be looking a you first. I don't like having to be a dick, but this women just didnot get it. I mean what if her kid did it to some high-end car, or even her car. Just like the women that rear ended me and than tried to bitch me out, traffice was stopped, I stopped slowly, but she just slammed into me cuz she was not paying attention, come to find out- no insurance. WTF. Sorry for the Rant.

16. Bring them down here, I'll kill them for you.

17. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

i agree

18. Tie them to something and throw rocks at them and keep asking them "how do YOU like it?" ... If they think you're insane they'll never fuck with you again.

Years ago on a family vacation around Reading PA we stopped to eat at some diner and I happen to notice a group of kids walk down the street. The smallest might have been 5 or 6. We get done and leave and here they are behind a building throwing rocks busting the windows out of a halfway decent 55-56 Chevy pickup. I of course wanted to call the cops; my parents of course didn't give a shit and just wanted to be on their way. Since I was like 12, I was overruled.

19. chuckbob

chuckbob

"Beat them" "Cut their nuts off" " Put them on a bridgeport machine" "Get revenge". Strong talk. What if your kid got peer pressured into doing something stupid? Is this how you would want him treated? WTF??????

Growing up in the 50's or 60's I learned to respect other peoples stuff. My Dad would have killed me for doing something like this. SO...I have raised both of my sons to respect other peoples stuff too. And YES, they both know that IF they did something wrong like this, I would have castrated them. They also knew that IF they were arrested for screwing around, that I would let them sit in jail until their trial and NOT bail them out. My wife supports this too.
    Also, I have worked as a volunteer with kids for close to 20 years. Every kid that knew me, also knew not to screw around with me.

So YES, this IS how I would want them treated.
    Remember that when bad crap happens and we blindly turn our backs, we expose our cracks. ;)

20. Very sorry to hear of your shitty luck. When we lived in Elkridge in the 80's (Setter Drive) it was still a pretty small, sleepy town. I guess growth had brought all the problems of bigger towns.

21. junk fiend

junk fiend

what a bunch of fucked up kids

22. 41hemi

41hemi

Hey Rich, the vandalism actually occured up in Columbia at Hobbit's Glen Golf Club. The kids walked in so we think they live in the Columbia area. I've had a good amount of time to think about what happened and my feeling right now is that if they are caught, maybe they should be required to help me with the repairs and cost. You never know, maybe you could interest one of them in our hobby and do something productive with their time. Maybe something good can actually come out of this. We have a fellow on staff at the golf course that was required by the courts to work one summer years ago to repay for motorcycle track vandalism he did on some of the greens. He was a teenager at the time and "paid his dues" that summer. He did such a good job the super rehired him the next summer!! This fellow still works there on weekends..... he is probably in his late thirties. It can end good! Al

23. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Stick some of that broken glass under their finger nails I bet they won't do that again.

24. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

While I know the first response in a situation like this is rage. I really hope when they find these punks that they realize what saint you are for this attitude. Maybe at least one of them will turn thier life around because of you. I'll put you in for sainthood. lol

25. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Yeah, these little shitheads claim society is the problem, and they are fighting back. Well, 41 Hemi, I'm actually glad to see your last post. You're a bigger man than I am, 'cause I'd be seeing red fo months!

Several of us HAMBers have volunteered glass to fit & fix your DeS. If you cna work something out with the school and police authorities to make these little shits grow into thinking, feeling, respectful MEN, I will salute you! Same day, and you're talking positive instead of buying hollow points. GOOD sign!!!

26. George, I don't disagree, but I do think people need to face the consequences of their actions. Hold the kids accountable. :mad:

27. i feel sick everytime i hear something like this. i too have had windows pinged outa my car and the person who did it is a car guy. it fucked my car. once your windows are smashed, you will never get all the broken glass out and it will always be coming out of holes and vents. these scum need to have their eyes poked out.

28. 41hemi

41hemi

I've probably come full circle with my feelings starting with seeing the car and having my breath taken away; then total anger at whoever did this; then thinking about what I'd do to them if I caught them; then getting sick of how bad I was feeling toward who did this; to hoping something good MIGHT come out of this. Guess I'm just tired of feeling resentful and am trying to make myself feel better about "the kids". Who knows what kind of upbringing they are having? They are probably rich kids (golf course community) that just are not being raised what we would call properly. I don't have the perfect answer; wish there was one.....

29. George

George

Most people don't realize the Courts have ruled, a number of times, that the Police are there to protect "the masses" not any 1 specific person. Of course, with 3500 in cash, she shoudn't have stopped short of the goal for any reason other than blue lights.

30. edweird

edweird

What kind of jerk whad would do that? I'm truly sorry.