Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Dad's car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firepig, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Firepig

Firepig

Even though this deals with a little newer car (65) I think we can all relate to the emotion and sentimentality in this video. :)
    http://www.wimp.com/dadscar/

2. Voh

Voh

Thats badass! As someone who has grown up in a chevy household, with two grandpas, a grandma and even a dad who has worked and retired from GM that will definately get you.

Sure did suck to see them have to get bailed out. Maybe someday I will see them be the power hosue they used to be.

3. Ryguy442

Ryguy442
    from Nc

I lost my father this spring so this video really is a tear jerker for me. I have his car sitting in my garage just waiting for me to bring it back to its former glory. As soon as my car is finished I will get that one like I remember it years ago when he drove it. I think of him every time I look at that car. It's funny how to some people these are "just cars" but to people like me they are so much more.

Ryan

4. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Cool story. Like most I remember all of our cars growing up and I loved them because I've been a car guy since I was a kid. He's talking about his brother having to hold on while they went around turns etc...I'm hoping to pass those kinds of memories on to my kids. So they can say...Hey Dad remember when...:)

They are more than cars to me as they are to everyone on here.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Seen that on TV with a documentary on Chevrolet.
    Tore my heart out. How cool. what a gift and story!

6. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

man o man, thats nice

8. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Thats really cool, I am glad you posted it again for those of us that missed it the first time. It never hurts to post something cool a second time, it was an awesome video! Jim

9. Firepig

Firepig

10. Keeps popping up, nice story.