Register now to get rid of these ads!

My dad was on RIDES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lil mike, Sep 14, 2005.

1. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

In case anyone watched Rides last night- I know it was a Foose info-mercial, but my dad and the car that we built (for my grandpa) was on there! The solid yellow '69 Camaro built by Steve Cook, that got top 5 finalist for Street Machine of the Year. Cool, now more like- "like son, like father" around here thought with my commercial and then him being on TV too. (I looked cooler!) Here's a pic of the car and almost everone that helped build the car w/ another car that we build a while back.

Attached Files:

2. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

my parents are standing directly behind me- mom is the one that taught me to sand! My brother (13 yrs old)- standing next to me helps me sand sometime! on yeah, that's my dog I'm holding, come to our shop and she'll bark at ya!- but won't bite.

3. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Congrats........boy, it sure is "Yellow" in your shop.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

4. autocol

autocol

i was gonna say! "i guess you guys are into YELLOW!!"

camaro looks awesome, and congrats.

5. Trow up a splash-a green, an you guys'd look like a bunch-a Packers fans, dere hey... :) :D

Yellow must be condusive to good thoughts... you all look pretty happy.
    Either that or the paint isn't dry, yet.

Good goin' on the TV exposure... but, don't go all "boyd" on us....;)

I had a '69 Camaro, when I was in school. Didn't look like that, though...
    It was an experiment in "Early Rat"... Turquois blue and primer gray, heeeeey....

JOE:cool:

6. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

That's a nice camaro. You should paint the caddy that color :p

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

You're a regular celebrity now......

8. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Mike looks like you got the shop and talent to turn your Caddy into a ground pounding sled! Can't wait to see it done-

9. Dude, you and Brain gonna drive that thing to Denison this year? Doesn't look like it would be real comfortable to sleep in though!

10. GO-rilla

GO-rilla

Pretty soon guys will be saying " Yeah Mike is my good buddy." to pick up girls at the shows. Good on ya Mike, Is your Pop's shop here in town?

11. Mojo

Mojo

is the camaro tube chassis? Just wondering how you guys got it that low...

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Beatnik and I watched that show last nite. Saw the Camaro and thought of you cuz I had seen it in Columbus and since that's the show they were filming at, I asumed it was yours (Grandpa's) I enjoyed the show but I have to disagree with it being a foose "info-merical". In my opinion, it was an informerical for the company thats building those Camaros and Mustangs and of course YearOne. In any event, Rides was better then watching a prime-time sitcom.

13. raven

raven

"Is that your mom? She's hot..."

Ah, Dewey, Oklahoma all over again...

Nice cars, too, you camera hound...
    r

14. Lomino

Lomino
    from Dallas, TX

Yah, that was surely an infomercial for Unique Performance and Year One.

I remember seeing that yellow on at SEMA when it was bare metal. Very nice work. I did get to see it up close at Slamboree all done. Really nice car Mike.

15. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Cool Dog Mike!

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Mike, looking at that picture, it's real obvious which one is the HAMB'r - the one with sideburns and dirty clothes. :D

Nice cars, good looking family, looks like some people that know how to have a good time. I actually like '69 Camaros, but that Rides episode was 45 minutes of crap and passing around Chip's concept drawing.. to have it unveiled in the last 30 seconds of the show was a real pisser. :rolleyes:

17. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Hey Mike, say Hi to your parents for me. I got to know them when I worked at Goodguys. They are really nice and talented people. Your mom told me she did all the sanding ;). I got one of them little dogs too! Thinks he's tougher than my Golden Retriever- probably is! Thanks Jim

18. JayD

JayD

Cool Mike, congrats to you and your Dad.

JayD

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie

Hey Mike, That car is Bad Ass, Have you done any burn outs with it? I was just thinking of Dewey and the hole you left in the asphalt parking lot.

FF

20. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

Yeah, yeah, I know that we do alot of yellow. But the Camaro has a story behind the color. It started out to be burnt orange- then my dad came to his senses and remembered that my grandpas favorite color in the world is yellow. The '55 is just because. We haven't done any real smoky burnouts but the other night when nobody was in the industrial park, we made hot laps up and down the street- dual blowers on efi is awesome (I hate admitting this).
    To see more pics go to www.stevecookcreations.com Then click on hotrods at the top.

JimA- I'll tell'em hi!

raven61- yes I know- my mom is hot - haha very funny! She doesn't understand why I get annoyed at this. HAhaha!

Mojo- yes this is on a tube chassis- Art Morrison w/ Air Ride Tech suspension.

Go-rilla- Yeah, we're here in town. Right behind Classic Auto Parts. on gateway terrace.

21. HardLuck

HardLuck

Very cool, Mike.
    Almost wished I had cable.

You guys get a copy of it, to show at your b-day party?
    -HL

22. I want a Dacshund, female, gonna name her "Barbie"

Tell your Dad congrats

23. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

LOL:D I thought the same thing when I saw that pic! Good lord that car is hot! I'll always have a weakness for Camaros-my Mom and Dad had one when I was born-Rally Sport black/red. Painted it charcoal metallic and sold it to get a van 2 kids later. I think I'll get one was a present to myself one day.

24. lil mike

lil mike
    from OKC, OK

I think my parents did.

25. ponchoman

ponchoman

Dayum, I turned over there at 8:00, when I saw Overhaulin' was on, missed Rides. Oh well, seeing the real thing is better anyhow. Catch ya' later.
    DW

26. HardLuck

HardLuck

Cool, lookin' forward to seein' it.
    -HL