Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Classic Car - Vintage Torque Fest Episode

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Caught the second half of it on Tuesday...
    Some very nice stuff there.....looks like a great show !!

2. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Still very much looking forward to it-plan on making a weekend of it!
    Just gotta complete the firewall/floor and the chop and I'm there-oh hell yah!

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

it's funny - I get so much shit for wearing the overalls - I do it on purpose just to mess with people now.

I moved to Iowa from CA thinking I was moving to the middle of nowhere. Thinking that everyone wore these overalls......I get here - no one wears them......
    ha
    anyway -

My life is SO much better now that I have moved out of CA. Yeah - you can drive all year round in CA - but trust me - the trade offs for living here far outweigh the positives of living in CA.

I have 2 little girls and would have had to put them in private school had I stayed in CA.

So I may be looking at it from a concerned parent p.o.v.

Anyway -

I hope the people that watch the episode will look at our video on our site to get a better vibe of what was at the show..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII1zKEvz6U

4. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

this one may actually be better to show people:

5. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Hope to catch it this weekend, pumped about the show this year, coming up soon!!

6. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Yep-know exactly what you mean about the trade-offs. Had a nice life there but raising my daughter here in Iowa really gives me more comfort. There's dangers for young ones every where-but far less here!

7. Any more pic's of that red Merc? It's cool to see Max Grundy there! I'll have to ask him why he didn't take his Merc on the track,hahaha!!!
    Looks like there were many cool cars there....besides the RR's that were on My Classic Car.
    Definately have to put this on my "TO-DO" list...

That chopped,red,Plymouth was really nice....til I saw those stupid flame-throwers sticking 2ft passed the rear bumper! WTF! 99% of that car,looked classy!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011