Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs my chopped 53 finally rollin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by madwagon56, Aug 29, 2009.

1. madwagon56

madwagon56

just got my 53 chevy on the ground, we re-radiused the front and rear wheel wells, got the motor sitting in it and got the 10 bolt in it. let me tell ya i bought walton fabrications motor mounts and trans crossmember and they are super nice what a great fit. i put a 350 and turbo 400 in it. im thinking about pancaking the trunk lid and maybe shortening it up a bit. boy its good having it back on the ground. here are a few pictures

Attached Files:

2. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Now thats a gawddamned roof! I love lowered window lines and and the shape o the 1/4 windows! Looks like a Dan Landon type car that was updated until 66! If ya wanna make up a fake story, Ill write it!

3. Tony

Tony

Slick! I like it! I really dig the front end treatment..and the rear quarters are a nice change.
    If'n you ever decide to sell those rims shot me a pm..I'd be very interested :D:D

Tony

4. brandonwillis

brandonwillis
    from Tucson AZ

looks good, definatly pancake it though.

5. madwagon56

madwagon56

forgot to add a pictures of it from the back to get some imput on the trunk lid. here is one of the grills we made its just sitting in there, dont know if we are going to use it or a teeth grill. thanks rod

Attached Files:

6. madwagon56

madwagon56

anybody got any ideas on headers? im using the stock steering. thanks rod

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

very nice work! My vote is for a tooth grille.

8. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

looks cool!
    if those wheels are staying...
    It has a real 1964-66 look kinda like some I have seen in popular customs,with those wheels/tires, the stance, and the radiused rear wheel wells.
    How about fenderwell headers, and some side pipes?
    I am thinking the kind that might have a molded cover extending off the rocker, covering the pipe,exposing the snake pit up front, and at the rear a squared off oval about 12 inches long....

I think teeth on ther grille, but maybe not 53 or 54 chev, desoto, or imperial,something different.

9. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

That is so fowkin' hawt that I shat mah britches....

10. madwagon56

madwagon56

thats why i love to post on here all the ideas! never thought about the fenderwells and side pipes, good call

11. kraka138

kraka138

the stock log style manifolds should clear

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  12. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Driver side use a 305 rear dump manifold, or block off the air ports on an 88-98 2wd chevy truck, should work the same. Pass side, ram horn.
    Left turns are a little tight with 2.25" diameter tubing. Sanderson makes a set, supposedly.
    [​IMG]

13. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I have rear dump headers on my 53, but, they came with the car, I couldn't find any badging on them. Thick flanges, and well made, stock steering is kinda tight, but a little ding, and there is room.
    I can shoot a pic if you think it could help.

14. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

Looks really nice. Great job.

15. lentz automotive

lentz automotive

someone told me you were gonna run 20s and gold tooth grille -- i would chop a power moon roof to. you know you would get better mpg with a 22re and solve your exhaust problem.

16. skwurl

skwurl

Looks sweet! I'm not sure about the wheels though

17. WWRMD,what would Russ Meeks do???........I like the fenderwell idea with ribbed sidepipes...........now what color METALFLAKE are you thinking?.........you going to the street magic 30th party Im tryin to make it there for that HEH HEH HEH

Attached Files:

18. t5stang91

t5stang91

i like everything about it, super sexy/mean . i vote for teeth grille and like 2" stainless side pipes no screens/gurads with a flange on the end tucked in just under the rockers

19. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I found out what type of "shorty" headers are on my 53.
    They "fit" a Chevy truck, 88-98, they work great.
    I didn't install them, I bought the car with them on, but had the exhaust redone.

Attached Files:

• 015.JPG
      015.JPG
      File size:
      456.3 KB
      Views:
  20. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

DID YOU DO THE CHOPN ON THAT RIDE? kINDA LOOKS LIKE A PROJECT A BUDDY OF MINE DID A FEW YEARS BACK THEN SOLD IT. I HEARD IT WENT OUT NORTH WEST AREA...HOOD WAS DONE JUST LIKE THAT....

21. 53super

53super
    from sodak

dakota kid is right. this car was built by Travis Stuckey in Watertown South Dakota. It is one of the best customs I have ever seen and he should be getting the credit for building it. All this guy did is the wheel wells and the motor, not the grill or roof or any other body mods.

22. I don't see where he's taking credit for the chop, or any of the custom work besides the wheel wells. He said he made the grill insert, which looks like ass, but but not the grill surround. Through that grill away, and use teeth..

23. madwagon56

madwagon56

hey listen53 super i did buy it from travis , i never claimed to have chopped it so shut your pie hole, why do people such as your self have to chime in on things you dont know. hey i have russ meeks sectioned nomad to and i never have claimed to have done it either, but im fixing it so get you facts straight before you spout off at the mouth.

24. madwagon56

madwagon56

hey dakota kid if you see travis say hello for me one hell of a nice guy!!!!!

25. billys54

billys54

she is lookin sick