Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My Charlie Price Opinion has changed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seabeecmc, Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am the guy who defended Charlie Price (Vintage Speed) through the years. My dealings with Charlie have always been good. We chatted at Hershey, we drank his beer at the LA Roadster show. I liked the man.
    I purchased a vintage Ford truck with a Tripower small block Chevrolet. It had the original fuel tank (rusty) and the the rust gotten into the carbs. The tank was replaced with a TANKS Chinese unit. The center carburetor was then addressed.
    A carburetor kit, power valve, jets and a power piston were ordered from Charlie.
    Check the picture to see the power piston that was manufactured incorrectly. Annoying, for sure but shit happens. I've emailed Charlie several times explaining that I was dead in the water with the truck taking up garage space for lack of a small part.
    Charlie continues to ignore me.
    Appreciate the opportunity to complain. Ron vs.jpg

2. 5window

5window

I am sorry to hear of your problems. I'm dealing with a couple of folks now. One HAMBer has been giving me promises for 3 years, an OT guy I bought 20K worth of windows from "may" be finally coming next week to fix the one that doesn't work and I guy who potentially could earn teas of thousands from a deal won't answer my emails or phone messages. What the Hell is wrong with people these days?

TagMan likes this.
  3. welcome to the "new normal" in the parts world.
    our ratio of; bad, wrong, broken, ill fitting, lost in the mail, damaged in shipping, needs more assembly, a core [someone eases old one] etc, is up to 8 out of 10.

seabeecmc, Truck64 and fauj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.