Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical My car ate a rocker arm!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheeltramp brian, Jun 5, 2020.

1. As some of the others have said, stuff happens. Maybe the surface hardening was "light" on that one. I had a pushrod go through the cup, on a daily years back. Got home, swapped in a good used rocker and pushrod, and off I went. No other issues again.

2. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

I put a stock GM one out of a 265 at the shop to replace it.im not worried about the rest.if it happens again I'll worry about it then.just crazy it happened so fast

3. You may want to carry one more of those vintage rockers with you before you head out of town.

Phil

4. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Very true ,good idea

5. My t-bucket blew a couple out rather quickly to my surprise, I blamed it on the the heads being shaved and throwing the geometry off. After that second one I put a long slot 1.6 ratio roller tip on and never had another problem.
    100_2561.jpg

olscrounger likes this.
  6. sunbeam

sunbeam

I remember a 409 racer that would move used intake rockers to exhaust and put the new one on the intake where the was less heat. For there day 425 hp 409s ran alot if spring pressure well over 300 lbs at lift.