Register now to get rid of these ads!

My boy's first custom!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StanDaManTX, Jul 19, 2009.

1. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Well I figured some of you guys might get a kick outta this. My Father brought home a rusted out pile of pedal car parts when I was young and fixed it up into an awesome toy for me. Well, last Christmas after my son was born, to my surprise he pulled it out of the attic and gave it to me. He kept it so i could pass it on to my son. My son just turned 1 on Saturday and hes too small to actually operate the pedal car. So I built a wagon chassis and restored the pedal car. Adding my own flare while staying true to what my father had done with it. I mounted the body to the wagon chassis so he could have a cool little swap meet/ car show cart! All I have to do is take the body off and mount it to the pedal car assembly when hes old enough to reach the pedals. Now he's a legit Wolves Car Club member.:cool: I hope this tradition stays alive and he can one day pass it on to his son.

First picture is me at 2 or 3 yrs old. The second picture is the current state of the pedal car.
    list includes:
    custom paint
    upholstery
    seat belt
    floating hub caps
    Mr Howl Bobble Head
    cc plate
    galaxie trim

Attached Files:

2. Haha thats awesome!!!!

3. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Nice man. Me and my friend had one of those and a fire truck. We use to ram them together. Those were the days of smashed fingers and busted knees. I have my fire truck in the attic. My son is 2 1/2 but its his some day.

4. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Thats good stuff maybe he will do the same.

5. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

That's good stuff!

6. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

Thanks for the good words guys.

7. mackster

mackster

thats just awesome!