Register now to get rid of these ads!

My best buy yet- 1934 Ford roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 28, 2011.

1. dudley32

dudley32

Beautiful car....Chris scores again...when ya get it runnin' come give me a lift...

2. I agree with hotrd32. My wife also supports me too.

You picked up a nice car. The good thing is, is that it runs and all of the things you want to do are cosmetic for the most part. Can't wait for you to post some pics of the progress.

3. Are you made of sugar?
    We live in the PNW, it is going to be raining until June. ;)
    Get that thing good and wet.

4. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I still cant believe that cop let me off! 81 in a 65 going up a pass while it was snowing. At least he even hung around to tell a couple jokes! That roadster is so awesome! lets bomb it down to get a burrito after work today!

5. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Haha! Thats exactly what I was thinking! Congrats Chris!:D

6. Brandi

Brandi

HELL YES. I love it. Congrats, buddy!

7. Wow! That thing is amazing. Congratulations.

8. Race@Rockets

Race@Rockets

Amazing....Very nice car. I thouht my wife was the only one that got why we do what we do...She would let me do pretty much whatever I want if she thought I could pull it off, she doesn't just "put up" with my junk ..she gets it. Sure makes things alot easier! I drug home a model A pickup that my friends were questioning....she took a look at it and said "its not that bad"...thats love. Good luck and if theres anything you need from the area I would be happy to run it up, Then I'd have an excuse to see this thing in person..Best wishes, Race

9. i love shit like this

10. mike hamel

mike hamel

Chris! Great buy man, I had that roadster on my watch list and missed it end. I saw it in my ended items and saw what it sold for. The very first thing I said was damn that was cheap for a solid complete car like that. I called my friend rory who built that black 34 roadster right after I saw the sale price and he too was very surprised how cheap you got it for. Great buy....You deserve it! Great story too.

11. Nice story - I always wanted one - not that I'd give up a coupe for it but....
    enjoy!

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Wow, that thing is super solid, and you're heading in a very cool direction. Can't wait to see the progress. And Jeffrey turn green with jealousy.

13. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

You should have that thing going in plenty of time for the wedding! Nice upgrade!

14. RGG

RGG

I think that I am officially giving up on keeping track of what cars you currently have! Looks like a great buy and I know you will fix it up the right way!

Congratulations!

RGG

15. hotroddeuce

hotroddeuce
    from Mi

Congrats Chris I was watching that one, you got a hellava buy on it I think and asking price on yours was a great deal, if I didn't commit to buy the one I got before these 2 showed up (in a real short time after I commited) I would have been on the one you bought or yours but hey what the hell I still finally got one!

16. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Chris, congratulations. This IS what it's all about--well, this and doing 81 in a 65 zone up a pass through the snow.

Best part for all of us is, we get to read about it.

Good luck with it and Happy New Year.

17. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

I cannot wait to see the progress. That is a gorgeous car.

18. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Excellent "show and tell".

Happy for you, Chris.

Congrats and best wishes to both you and your wonderful bride.

19. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Good for you!
    That looks like good stuff. Wow!

20. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

Congrats buddy, we'll all be looking forward to the build thread! I'm still sick over that '38...

21. Runnin....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  22. Official first drive. You guys getta go with me. It runs/drives EXCELLENT :D

[​IMG]

23. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

god damn that old flatty sounds good!.. I was going to bust your stones and say is it running yet..haha..you already took it for a spin. Thanks for sharing the video.

-Jerry

24. Damn. that's some shit.

25. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Major congratulations, Chris! While I'm sure you would have made something great out of the first '34 you bought, this looks like one hell of a good car to start with and was worth whatever it took for you to get your hands on it. The wood in the doors can be a huge problem on these cars and it's incredible how good of condition this cars is in. NICE WOOD, MAN! The original tool box is bitchin'.

I'll be keeping an eye on you and how you progress. One thing is for sure, this car is in GOOD hands!

26. Thanks man, and be sure as soon as I recover ($$$) I will be ordering up a hydraulic brake M/C kit from you! I love the one I put in my 33 pickup!!!!!

27. Duke

Duke

Wow, that is nice.

28. Congrats! couldn't be in better hands!

29. Great story about the auction, gettin the car, but the whole family support part is awesome.
    Good things come to good people.

It will be a thing of beauty I'm sure.

Oh, and next time you start selling stuff like there's no tomorrow..... We'll all know whats going on!

30. You know what I have learned Kris- No matter what I have, I always see the cars other guys have and think "man, I would kill for something like that". It's part of the disease. And with cars like the Green Grenade and that black 30-31 roadster...there are a TON of people who would kill for cars like that! We all have neat old shit!