Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Banger's new motor mounts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 33WIRE, Feb 11, 2014.

1. 33WIRE

33WIRE

Thought I would try and cut down on the vibration from Henry's stock 1/4 inch rubber mounts. The center x member was previously moved back to clear the 5 speed and the frame was boxed forward to the stock motor mounts. I added about six more inches forward with nuts welded on back side. Made the mounts out of '67 chev impala rear lower control arms with the big rubber bushing. Boxed the pieces of the arms cut off and welded them to a plate that matched the boxing plate with the nuts behind. Made new brackets for the bellhousing with slotted holes so i could level the engine and account for any future sag. Works good, but does it still shake? Of course; but hopefully not as much!

Attached Files:

2. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Nice wonder how well it works....

3. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Nicely done!! I like that.

4. jkeesey

jkeesey

Almost like a float-a-motor mount set. I'd like to see how these hold up over the long haul with all the fore and aft pressure the A mounts take.

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I like the stock setup......the bell housing becomes a structural part of the frame....nice work tho....let us know how it works

6. 33WIRE

33WIRE

Can't see where it can ever move fore or aft more than a fraction of an inch; plus there is a tail mount on the trans. Here's another shot of the install.

Attached Files: