Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My AV8 flathead build.. blown...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrodderhaag, Jan 28, 2013.

1. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Nothing like having dinner at the kitchen table.LOL

2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Didn't get too much done today... Made more adjustments to generator bracket. It's perfect now.. I went and got belts for it and the drive accessories... Looks like I'm not going to need a tensioner . They fit nice and snug and are not hard to run on. I swapped out the aluminum intake and carefully cleaned the lifte valley... I disassembled the intake housing on the charger and cleaned everything very well. Re gasketed it and reassembled . I put on the rebuilt 97 and have I all sealed it all up for good. Also ran fuel line to carb. Waiting on my dual pulley in the mail for Monday and motor mount bushings yet... I need to cut and re position oil fill breather to clear firewall. Here's a few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

quickrack-alan likes this.
  3. so digging this..
    your on to something here...

i will stay tuned.-andy

4. sick man, digging this too. I'm in pittsburgh/titusville. maybe I'll see this around sometime. subscribed.

5. TV

TV

Not to rain on your parade, but I think you would be better off with longer belts and run an idler to get more belt rap on your blower. I think you wil find as it worms up it will slip. Ask me how I know?--TV

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Tv
    Ill keep that in mind.. I ll work on a tensioner as back up. Thanks for the info ... This is my first supercharger . Thanks !

7. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Trying to find a list of cruise ins for 2013... Ill be hitting everyone i can

8. 55willys

55willys

Nice build, good workmanship. Jim:D

9. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Only real good pic I have seen of a 21 stud setup.... I'd give a left nut for those 3 groove pulleys... Damn

[​IMG]

10. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

What a great build, your fabrication is fantastic!

11. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Hey, I dug up a couple of old pics I took at a Ford show in the Los Angeles area several years ago. do not nkow the owner of the car and only saw it once. It always stuck in my mind as one of the coolest flatties. Hope you enjoy.

Attached Files:

12. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

That's sick.. Very very clean .. Would love to have his split intake !

13. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Well somehow I missed my steering box on eBay.... So still on the hunt for one

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  14. I hate missing out on shit. Really hate when folks on CL puss out on ya and don't hold to their word, thats the worst.

What you got going on in the BG? Just curious. Shits looking good. What are your plans for suspension and the rest of it?

15. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I'm not doing a damn thing to it yet . ! I wanna buy a set of 32 rails but the charger drained my funding quite a bit ha.. Def worth it.... I'm looking for some 36 style solid wheels and maybe some 40 brakes.... I hate NW pa!!! Parts are so hard to come by!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  16. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Scored these parts from a great company !!! All NOS ford parts ... Water pump and front pulley that I needed .. And cheap as hell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. good score, yeah NW PA is def a tuff pickings. ESPECIALLY for model A stuff, but I really don't look for it all that much. Too tied up in chevy stuff at the moment, but every once in a while I'll look and it seems dry around here. I did score a 46' flathead and have two others I was looking at and might get. None of them running though.

18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Patiently waited all week on another steering box on eBay.... Watched it second for second for the last ten mins of auction..... My bid was high. I set a high amount to ensure I got it.. Out bid in the last second..... This makes the third box I have missed.... Impossible to rebid in one damn second ... So I'm Ina giant hold till I get a box

19. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Got some plumbing done and the intake drilled and tapped. Engine all sealed up... She is about ready to test fire !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50 percent belt wrap on the charger pulley with two sure grip belts.. No slipping here.. Hopefully

[​IMG]

Looking better !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Also bought a f1 box from mikespeedshopnc ... So when it comes I can finalize the motor mounts and we will be on to making the pedals work .

21. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Cool build! You'll like the F1 box, nice choice.

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I love this build. With that 21-stud flattie and pancake blower, it's straight out of 1941.

23. Wow! I like where you're going so far. can't wait to see more. Keep at it!

24. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Thanks guys.... Trying to make it as traditional as possible. Never seen another 21 stud with a blower ...! I will post a video of the test fire hopefully this weekend

25. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Looking good, subscribed

26. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Cool part this engine was built an hour from my house ..

[​IMG]

27. ahhhhhhhhhh that is toooo cool man. I live in pittsburgh. I'd do anything for something like that. This just keeps getting better. where exactly are you from?

28. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

im in greenville... pm me and i can give you a cell #.. i always welcome visitors. im usually in the garage all night.....

29. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

ill get these fit in the frame tonight...

[​IMG]

30. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Ok .... I need help.. I fallowed the book as best i could.. The engine and trans are 1.5 inches to far forward... I cannot use the coupling for the trans ... I attached some pics. Need some advice !!!? First pic is motor mounts to rad holes . 6 inch centers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]