Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Austin visit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FONZI, Feb 16, 2008.

1. FONZI

FONZI

I got assigned to go out to Austin this week for work so I went a few days early and took Gregg Geeman51 up on his offer to stay with him and his family for the weekend. I had a blast!! I experienced HAMB hospitality at its finest! Gregg was an excellent guide. We hit a great junk yard with Cameron (can't rember your HAMB name), his son and friends on the outskirts of town, went to Crushproof and met Lux (wish I had my camera with me when we stopped there!!! He was putting together a bitchin Cadillac Sedanette), met Ryan and family and saw his fleet in person. The 5 window is hands down the BEST sounding street car I have ever heard. John gave me a great tour of South Austin Speed. What a shop!!! They had some beautiful cars going together and some incredible projexts waiting in the wings. Also got to meet Bob Bleed while I was there. Both Jon and Bleed's trucks RULE. Met Kevin and saw the beautiful model A he is putting together (again, wishing I had brought my camera). Had myself a Hut burger, had the best BBQ of my life at the Saltlick, checked out Congress St. I was wishing I had more time. Can't thank everyone enough for their hospitality. Especially Gregg and family!!! Here are some pics from my trip:

Attached Files:

2. Hell of a great time it looks like. I'd love to spend a week or so up there just hanging out with everyone. I was supposed to be there this weekend, but plans got changed, so looks like It will be 2 or 3 weeks from now. I wanna stop in for a hair cut while there too. I've been dying to see South Austin Speed Shop, I was only able to pass by last year and things were so packed and time was limited. I really dig Fat lucky's upholstery work too. I worked in an upholstery shop form the time I was 12 to 16, and Certainly miss the work. It was one of the most fun and cool jobs I ever had. Anyhow Looks like an awesome time. I am still workin on getting the wifey to move to austin, but looks like San Antonio is going to be it.

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

WTF?!?!? I was there for Christmas and I only got 2 shop tours. I've been short changed!!! Sounds cool.

4. geemann51

geemann51

yo that was nice brotha

Seriously, you are welcome anytime. Roundup?

5. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Cataract?!?
    I was workin on the 63!

Good to meet ya man! Come back anytime.

And who took him to the Salty Lick instead of a REAL barbecue joint?

Waitaminnit....all of you guys are new here....
    That's it. I will hereby organize the "Barbecue book club"

Meaning once a month, we all go to our respective favorite barbecue joints, sorta like the Pepsi Challenge, but more likely to cause heart failure, if not beefelepsy. Seriously. Yall gotta get intertwined with the smokin swine.

6. irishpol

irishpol
    from Texas

And you did'nt stop by!! Man I'm insulted!!

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Ok then, the Thursday before the LSR we'll go to the good BBQ joint... How about that?

8. geemann51

geemann51

It's the closest place to the house and you cant beat the BYOB factor....