Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 63 falcon build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63FalconFutura, Mar 22, 2010.

1. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

leaf springs relocated
    new mini tubs put in
    roll bar in soon
    caltracs in
    split leafs put in
    9 inch in

comming along ... didnt take pictures.... the ones i didnt are to dark and suck..... how ever i did get my series 60 shifter! new in the box

2. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

roll bar pictures

downsized951127001722.jpg
    downsized951127001723.jpg
    downsized951127001726.jpg

3. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

i remember when i was 15 and thought my stock 350 would make 400 horsepower, now 20 soemthing years down the road i know very well, that an 8 and a half to one motor will NEVER make that many ponies.......even if you put a rollbar in the car....i really like the car, but call bullshit on your motor stuff.......

4. newfalconowner

newfalconowner
    from NS Canada

where did you get the cage from

5. American Hellbilly

American Hellbilly
    from Seymour,IN

I have learned a lot from the older guys here( hell some maybe younger than me). No one is saying its a bad setup, just way too much carb. If you run 2 390's, thats only a difference of 120 cfm. At 16 you should at least listen, your not going to take any advice to heart. Hell we were all 16 at one time!

It is a bad ass car though, I have always loved the 63 falcons. Good luck on your build.

6. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

custom from mike saiki at motivational engineering

7. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

shooting for 400

roll bar is completely relevant to horsepower numbers right

i do listen i listen to the people at the shop that are out racing every weekend and build race motors for a living not keyboard warriors

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  8. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

yeah, who cares, its your money, unfortunately, there steerin ya in the wrong direction, sorry about your luck! i`ve had bunch of different motors with a ton more compressionmore cam and way better parts not make 400 horses, and we never did hear about that bottom end, and you think its gonna live to what like 8200....thats the funniest shit i think i heard.........8200....once......then a nice bang! then them dudes at that shop gonna say, pay up sucka! this time build a real motor! dumbass!

9. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

could rev to 8200 low piston speed... going to run at 7800

10. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

:cool:

11. punisher7

punisher7

You seem to be on here quite a bit "keyboard warrior".. Why not just show your shop buddies your progress in place of posting on forums... Seeing as though you can't learn anything here anyhow? I suppose teenagers know it all. Best of luck buddy.

12. Willy301

Willy301

I am liking his build, I also have a 63 2 door hard top but going a little different direction with it.... Looks like a fun build though!

13. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Man people are gettin way to butthurt on here.....if the engine fucks up he learns from his mistakes. Why dont ya take your anger out on your enemies rather than the internet?

Hey Cole, remeber when those mexican gangster kids tried to steal stuff outta my car in auto shop last year?

14. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

15. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

because i dont have very much time during the week to be down at the shop from being at school from 7am-3pm everyday then working from 4pm-8pm everyweekday then doing homework with what is left of my day

16. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

i`ll just say it like the old guy told me when i thought my motor was badass, "that motor won`t piss a drop" and he proceded to woop my cars ass with a real motor.....gonna happen to you too very soon........by the way, i love the car and the cocept of what your gonna do, but i think you are gonna be very disappointed when you build that motor and hook it all up and it, "won`t piss a drop"........being very serious here.......

17. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

18. bluestang67

bluestang67

This is a science and not just something you bolt on . I took My 69 -302 stock pistons added some 5.0-P heads that flow good and mounted a 600 CFM edelbrock to it . Now I haven't fired it yet but the cam - heads - and exhaust should come in close to peak . Its a comp cam H268

Now I also have a 351 W that will have the same cam maybe more duration in it but would not go bigger then a 650 jetted to match . It also has a set of 5,0 -P heads . May have to have more exhaust and less intake to make perform at it's best .

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  19. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

This thing's coming together pretty quickly.

20. newsomtravis

newsomtravis
    from pville, ca

the motor thats running your freakin mouth needs a rebuild!

21. RobsHemiA

RobsHemiA
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

ha!

23. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

Hahahahahaha!

24. Could have sworn those things with the wheels were called motor cars? Some of them are even built by companies with names like General Motors, and the Ford Motor Company, Motor Parts, American Motors.....:D

25. doc's

doc's

...then what do you use motor oil for?

26. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

dyno sometime between dec 20 and dec 31 everyone can calm down

27. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

How is the rest of the car coming along? Seeing how you have the cage and everything in there, how about sending me the rear seat? Need some for my 62 Fairlane:).

Get that thing on the dyno and let us know how it turns out and what kind of tuning it likes.

28. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

keeping the back :p was a pain to get it back in.... now the front seat is a different story\

trading what shop its at wed to start on getting the drop axle on it

29. 69fury

69fury

Do yourself a favor. It's your money, protect it. There are less than scrupulous engine guys that will "dyno the hp they sold". Meaning that with some careful "adjustments" to the settings the dyno will read the number they need...

I'm not accusing anyone here, but it behooves you to read up on dyno procedures and correction factors so that what you pay for is accurate.

Please read up a bit, so that you know exactly what your getting. I'm sure there are better articles out there but this one is really good at explaining things... I guarantee that the instant you post 4xxhp and 4xxlb/ft, the BS flags are gonna fly and you better have a dyno sheet to post up showing the details of the test (including baro)

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/reading_dyno_sheet/index.html

Good luck with your build- i'm sure it's gonna be a cool car regardless of any numbers on the screen.

Remember- a dyno is just a digital balance to weigh performance before a change to performance after a change- the number itself means dick. Take your hp/tq curves into consideration when choosing stall and gearing.

have fun.

-rick

30. 63FalconFutura

63FalconFutura
    from Socal

westech performance has my trust, my friends and family have dyno-ed countless motors there and they often use westech for the engine dynos in engine masters magazine .... 2800-3200 stall and 4.11