Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 62 Galaxie needs some help from the paint pros here.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Domino, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Domino

Domino

I am finally getting some paint on my 62 Galaxie. I have all the exterior colors, but the interior paint is quite elusive. Everywhere I go I seem to get the same answer that they do not have anything on interior paint codes or there books do not go back that far. Several places wanted me to bring in an interior piece to match. Those panels are faded after 40 plus years of sunshine. Is there an online resource that I can use to find this paint formula? It is listed as "Blue Venice Fabric & Vinyl". I want it to match the original. I want something that can be sprayed from a gun and not a rattle can.

2. go to a place with a sprectrograph or whatever it is called, they put a machine on the color and match it electronically, good paint supliers got em, they work well and they can mix the paint after finding out what it was originally:rolleyes:

3. Domino

Domino

All of my interior paint is too faded to be used as a match. They wanted to use gun to match it, but I didn't have a good enough area to use. I am looking online for the original paint formulas. I can have it mixed if I can find it.

4. David Totten

David Totten

Auto color library .com

5. Domino

Domino

Thank you. I sent them an e-mail.

6. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Is there any peices of your trim that have unmolested/faded paint in the seams or undersides?

7. Domino

Domino

Sadly no. The only pieces left with the original paint are so worn they are useless. The guy doing the paint work stripped most of the interior pieces before we had a chance to locate it. Some of the parts are in primer and some are still bare metal. I want the dash and trim to match the rest of the upholstery when I order it.