Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '59 El Camino - 8-13-11 - It's Finally Done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemifarris, Sep 2, 2010.

1. HELLMET

HELLMET

thanks awsome.

2. HELLMET

HELLMET

how about some dash shots.

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That is gorgeous Mike! Love the improvements.

I didn't realize those caps were that rare. We've got some in the barn that came off my Dad's '59 impala 40 years ago.

4. ### I like it !!! >>>>.

5. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I still don't see where the 1% left is.

6. Capochi

Capochi

El Camino a la Perfeccion!!!!!!!

7. The clock delete is way cool! Bill said it was split pea green, originally. I will be using yours as a reference, on what mine is 'supposed' to look like! Your engine compartment is definitely, easy on the eye. Lots of time there, for sure! Glad you got the pictures up & thanks for all your assistants with my parts!

8. slipjoint

slipjoint
    from N CA

In 1959 i was a young man working in my dads service station - one of our customers bought a new 59 El Camino - Black with red interior - 348 & i'm thinking 4 speed - seems like yesterday - i don't reminber many of our customers from 1959 but that dem Black El Camino with the "BRIGHT RED" interior really stands out in my mind still today - thanks for keeping another 59 alive - tom

9. hemifarris

hemifarris

Here's a few, including one showing the dealer installed Chevrolet Cool Pack air conditioner that was installed in 1959. It blows ice cold.......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This picture below was taken before the interior was detailed...
    [​IMG]

10. That is beautiful, man I like that.

11. H3O

H3O

so what's the 1% that's missing? a screw?

That's a nice ride!!!!

12. mike,
    very nice, i like your style.
    Al.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'm trying hard not to be jealous Mike but your NOT making it easy. I rode in a '59 El Camino that my scout master bought new. It was a 348 tri- power/4spd. and I got a ride with less than a hundred miles on the clock. Got many more rides after that and after the rearend was replaced with a 4.11 Posi. the ride produced an even bigger grin. I promised myself then that someday I would own one and at almost 66 the clock is ticking and I'm running out of time. If I hear you've sold it to Roadstar the indian in me will have an uprising and I'll be on the warpath.:eek:
    So far I've not had time to come down and visit you but I can see that is actually a plus. Now,I'll expect an ElCamino ride to Al Bergler's if i ever make an appearance.

Frank

14. hemifarris

hemifarris

It's not going anyplace Frank. It's funny that all of these guys come out of the woodwork saying that they had the opportunity to buy this vehicle.Bill's always said I've been 1st on the buy list dating back to the early 80's. I told Bill that others have said that he was willing to sell it to them but he says 'bullshit'. He said he told guys that, and a high price, to get them to stop bothering him.

In 1960, my Dad used to hang out at Pete's Custom in northwest Detroit. Pete and Paul Hatton were my Dad's good friends. Paul Hatton had a new 1960 348 tri-power 4 speed with scallops that he painted and striped. I would always ride with Paul to get coffees from the restaurant(in glass bottles) and he would flog the El Camino both ways to and from......I knew then that I would someday own one.

I've had a bucket list since I was a kid. One was a hiboy roadster.One was a woodie. One was a '65 hemi Belvedere. One was an El Camino and lastly a new turbo Porsche. I've had them all except the Porsche and I'm not old enough yet to get one yet.

15. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Just amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish my wagon was as far along as yours.

16. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Boy! That would sure look good on the other side of my garage, opposite my Impala!
    I love the little details & that AC unit is da balls.

17. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

18. hemifarris

hemifarris

Thanks WOODPECKER. I can't wait to see yours done. You've shown great vision and skills.......Mike

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  19. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DAMN! That car is clean enough to eat off of!

20. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

21. I dig it!!! Nice looking car!!

22. i know you got those super rare caps. and your love affair with black wheels and black walls, but damn this thing is screamin for some 14x7 reverse supremes and 5.20's. just my humble opinion

excelent ride regardless. nice work.

23. Ironswims

Ironswims
    from Illinois

24. hemifarris

hemifarris

As I said in post # 50 "I've always built them MY WAY and I've never worried what others think...I like to travel to the beat of my own drummer". When you get your El Camino done, put the little tires and Supremes on here.....Then post your pictures on here.
    Just my opinion.:)

25. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

26. cjmac

cjmac

Hard to beat black on black, just a mean hot rod look. Really looks good !!!

Wheels aside, just a bitchin' el camino.

27. hemifarris

hemifarris

28. Cshabang

Cshabang

ummm. who wouldnt like THAT???????friggin beautiful

29. I will take a picture with some HAMB friendly wheels, when my 59's done. Just to play nice! That way no one will recognize it's me, when I'm in the streets.. I'll be all incognito

30. Hemifarris, sweet El Camino !!! it's perfect ! I was looking for those caps for my 56 Nomad.. haven't any luck.. I want to run steel rims with a cool caps. I may just have to go with a Corvette (58-62) full wheel cover with two bar spinners. I wouldn't change a thing ! Bang that drum loud !!!!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010