Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 59 being unloaded out of container

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 68wagon, Jul 14, 2008.

1. 68wagon

68wagon

there' a local guy up the road from my place who ships cars out of longbeach. he done all the hard yards for me.im not sure which shipping company he used but i can find out if you like.
    ive no idea how they got it up there but i was chewing my nails off watching them take to timber beams with the chainsaw.have to admit though they were very careful getting it out as the nose was nearly touching the roof.
    cheers and beers scotty

2. Love the pics Scotty, i can imagine the look on your face when they opened the container :D .............and I bet it was a look of panic until it was on the ground.

3. olskool53

olskool53
    from CT

Cool man! Just wondering Did you see the car in person or just pics and if so.................was it what you were expecting?

4. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Was the car secured in the container? It sure doesn't look that way, but I may be mistaken.

5. 68wagon

68wagon

no mate i only saw picks of it but he put 90 odd photos of it on his web site.

yeh it was what i was expecting im happy i was looking at 4 doors over here in similar codition for nearly the same dollars.it does need a couple of things but like any old car you buy theres always going to be some little things to fix. justin told me straight up it was a older resto :)

6. 68wagon

68wagon

it seemd pretty secure there was a bit of work cutting it out..im just glad she didnt fall. although a belair hood ornament would have been different on a porshe lol

7. I've had cars brought in from the same place and believe me that they are in there secure........ you need a chainsaw to get them out,

8. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

The shipping cost is less than I would have expected, but that tax is a killer!

9. Glen

Glen

Justin's auctions always provide a great visual of a cars condition. I watch his stuff online.

It will clean up nice....obviously the transportation was a little messy.

10. c1run1

c1run1
    from TRNJ

sweet congratulations!!

11. 68wagon

68wagon

yes i must say he doesent hold back on the photos.
    i must say hats off to you mate. i loved your buick and your model A is right off tap
    cheers and beers scotty

12. THESNEAKYTIKI

THESNEAKYTIKI

Hey Scotty it's Justin. Glad the car made it in one piece. Just so everyone knows we started this process back in the beginning of March. Scotty bought the car from me and the first transporter picked up the car in Arizona on March 22nd. It is now July and he is just getting the car. Thats almost five months waiting to see the car. I cant imagine what that wait was like. Scotty has been one of the best guys around during this process. He is a man of his word. I am always impressed by the will people posess overseas to own the great cars of America. I hope you enjoy the car. Thanks for the good words about me and the car. I am glad to hear that you think it was everything I said it was. Just like you always said in our phone conversations, "no worries mate". I wish you could of had the car there for your wedding day. You friends cars looked great in the pics you sent me. I hope the honeymoon went well. Remember the car has rear seat belts just in case you end up with a new little bloke from the honeymoon holiday. Here are a few vids of the car being loaded in Tempe Az before it went on the ocean ride. Good luck with the car Scotty. Cheers Justin Umbs thesneakytiki

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-SNDMNiu2U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-SNDMNiu2U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1tEngkWn68Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1tEngkWn68Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  13. 68wagon

68wagon

hey justin how you doing bud love the car mate. just in the process of getting the old girl on the road.it was a long wait but it was definiantly worth it will send you some pics of its progress. not long now for its maiden cruise ive been driving it over here on a permit and it definantly turns heads here in oz.
    and yes the missus fell pregnant two weeks after the honeymoon
    ps next time i give you a call i'll get my time zones right and not call you at 5 in the morning lol
    cheers and beers bud scotty

14. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Very cool. Hope you have a blast with the Chevy. Made me nervous just watching it go in the hauler.