Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 57 is home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Jul 19, 2013.

1. No, I bought mine from Classtech out of Bend Oregon. He is an in house builder himself. A little pricy but not what I remember thinking over priced. I could dig up my invoice if you want. Price would be about 5 years old. What I will say is he totally got what I was up to. FE with an Alt and external Reg. I wanted to mount the Reg in the stock 57 location. I'm also running electronic Ign that takes a full 12-V. Then a 58 column with the horn wire that doesn't run down the steering shaft. He made the reg harness with correct plug and exact length to travel to my Alt and also with the factory Alt rubber unit with the plugs to cover the fasteners. He supplied a new 57 Block mounted stock resister for Ign only did a blind bypass so it only looked correct but passed the 12-V as needed. Also he asked about my senders being I hadn't mentioned them and added correct length so to go to the FE location (I would have missed that at the time). I remember I had a few other things he did that slip my mind right now. The real bonus was with all the one off mod's he did for me he didn't charge me 5 cents more than a stock harness. Having every instrument light in new sockets, my heater controls with correct terminals, everything correct length and not one single Butt Connector or Crimp terminal has to have some extra value and at the time I didn't mind paying the bump. I'd do it all over again today. On top of all that his service was spot on with a follow up call a week later to make sure what I got was what I expected, Who does that today?

enloe, loudbang, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  2. Jeff, oh yeah 410 would be killer also..." but they are waaaay out of the stratosphere for me" . hear ya on that one for sure.. going be a neat car.. thank you for sharing with us. cheers Rob

enloe, loudbang and Jeff Norwell like this.
  3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

P-n-B....... Send me a PM with the info.. interesting!

enloe and loudbang like this.
  4. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Very nice and informative build. This is going to be an outstanding ride. I must however, tell you that I am so friggin jealous.:)

loudbang and Jeff Norwell like this.