Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 56 "150" update (3rd to the last)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Feb 25, 2009.

1. The Shocker

The Shocker

Yeah , i had to get another set of wheels for it.It had 8 inch chrome Ralleys on it before.It looked okay i guess (even though Ralleys really arent my thing on Tri-5's) ,but they were so wide that the 275 60's were less than a 1/4 inch from the outter skin.It rubbed occasionally and burnt the old paint job on both sides .It had a huge paint blister on both 1/4's that was about to fall off .I had to get them off before i painted it ,so it wouldnt happen again to this paint job .I also knew it would be a bitch to take one of the rear tires off on the side of the highway (if i had a flat or something )because of how wide they were .When i did change them out i figured right .It was a two man job to get them out from under the fenders .The 3 inch blocks in the rear didnt help matters.I have been thinking of taking the blocks out and just leaving the front the way it is.that should give it a nice rake .Im affraid to lower the front more than it already is ,because of the header clearence .Its got new full length headmans on it and i would like to leave them .I know it looked okay in the old pics ,but if you had seen it in person ,it woulda been a different story.the body was pretty good for the most part ,but in the areas where someone had tried to attempt body work ,it looked like it was block with a fingernail file and an SOS pad .They didnt prep it well either in a few tight spots and the paint was coming loose .For some odd reason the old color didnt look half bad in a pic ,but know one that saw it in person seemed to like it ...