Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 55 Century finally hits town

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Guys. Six months of waiting has paid off with my 55 Buick Century Riviera landing in my driveway. It all happened just a few days ago. Still going through what needs to be done etc. She starts, she runs. Has significant rust in rear quarter panel underneath on both sides, but otherwise pretty good. Plan is to keep it original with the exception of disk brakes and a dual m/c. This town is full of revheads and redlights and to get out of town I have to climb mountains, so disks are the go. Everything else will stay the same. What do you guys reckon?
    [​IMG]

Standard 322 Nailhead is gonna stay in there for sure. Check it out:
    Someone has even gone to the (trouble) of silverfrosting the carbi. LOL!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  2. Century

Century

Great looking Buick

3. captmullette

captmullette

good looking car....have fun

4. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Nice, should be a blast to drive.

5. O'Doyle

O'Doyle

Nice one mate.
    As they say...good things come to those who wait and that's a great looking 55.
    Looking fwd to seeing some updates as you go.

Cheers
    O'Doyle

6. thanks Guys.
    Looking forward to getting it registered and hitting that road!

7. Great looking car, I think my Dad had one similiar. He always Buicks.
    Six months must have seemed like eternity??? Did it come from here in the U.S.?? Do you folks have rust issues, on your old cars like we do, or is the climate fairly dry???
    JT
    Orlanda, Flori-duh
    :D

8. robertsregal

robertsregal

Nice lookin Century, enjoy the drive!

9. 73super

73super

She's a beaut'! Love the '55's... Just run the wheels off that thing.. Looks great!

10. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Very nice, I .They do cruise nice . have a friend with one. Red and white, wire wheels

11. belair

belair

I loved mine. Great choice.

12. Looks like you found yourself a real nice car,,just need s some spit & polish and it should be a stand out at the local cruse in. HRP

13. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Very nice. My first car was a '54 Buick that I paid $50 for ('65). Absolutely no rust and the interior was perfect. Black top which rubbed out. The bottom was red and faded. All it needed was tires and brakes.

14. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Nice Buick. Enjoy the ride.

15. GearSlammer

GearSlammer
    from Rogers AR

its my buicks little brother!..kool car!

16. Rust is pretty bad in one or two areas, but for a 58 year old car, I ain't complaining. Only downer was, the guy selling left out that bit of information. No matter. I have it now and am happy with it overall. I went to a local car show the other day and introduced myself to a bunch of guys from a couple of clubs and when I told them what I had they couldn't place the car. Very very few of them down this way.
    [​IMG]

Yes, sir, I imported it from Jacksonville in October. It was stuck in a garage for a couple of months waiting for an air conditioning component. That was the big delay. (My wife insisted that it have air con, and the seller gave me a good price for a supply and fit of a new Mk 4 Vintage Air system)
    Don't worry, guys, I'll keep you up to speed how she progresses! Thanks again!
    Peter

17. bhead1968

bhead1968
    from so-fla

congrats! AND you have power steering!..

18. triple d

triple d

19. Nice, nice, nice. My first car was a 55 Super two door hardtop. Got a soft spot for the old Buicks.