Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 52-54 victoria build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by voodookustoms, Apr 3, 2015.

1. I just looked up the part numbers. It appears that I ordered gaskets for a 52 mercury 2 door hard top. I'll just call them in the morning to confirm that is the problem.

2. flamingokid

flamingokid

Glad to see you're back at it.

3. The rubber I used on my Ranch Wagon vent windows fit much better,I got mine from Dennis Carpenter. HRP

voodookustoms likes this.
  4. SintownKing

SintownKing

great build!

5. Thank you! Hopefully I'll have another update this weekend.

6. I was able to make a little progress this weekend. I got the relays mounted and wired up for the door solenoids. I got the driver side solenoid hooked up.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438015242.924415.jpg

I was planning on using a magnetic reed switch to trip the relay, but my magnet isn't powerful enough. It works through the windshield, but I wanted to mount it behind the door panel or the rear quarter panel right behind the door.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438015265.461545.jpg

So I've got a few more higher strength magnets on their way. I'll try those before I ditch this idea.
    I ended up ordering new vent rubbers from Dennis Carpenter. The ones i got from Mac's just wouldn't fit right and their customer service sucks so I returned them.

Also I had to make a new coil plug wire. The one I had on there wiggled off the distributed twice during my last cruise and had me stranded on the side of the road until I figured it out. Hopefully that was the problem.

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Sometimes you feel like you are getting drug down by the tedium of the smaller items,but you just keep making the Vic more yours every day. :)

8. I keep coming back to see what`s next, really a cool car !

9. flamingokid

flamingokid

10. Awesome build man!

11. Thanks guys. Unfortunately, no progress lately. Been busy with "life" I guess. I'm hoping to get some work done on it this week. When I do I'll post it up here.

12. So today I tried making some progress. It was just one of those days where it fights you every step of the way. I didn't really get anything accomplished in 2 hours of work, except a bigger mess to clean up now. There's no going back, so I'll just keep my head up, try to figure out a solution and keep moving forward.

13. Keep on keepin on! Sometimes ya just gotta walk away from it for a night!

14. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441512743.609313.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441512756.041070.jpg
    Ok so I finally made a little progress on the car. I got the rear quarter window seal in and the stainless channel that it sits in straightened up a little bit on the drivers side. I could not figure out how to get the dents completely out of it, but it was much worse and really wobbly when i took it out. I was able to beat on it with a 1x1 angle propped up inside of it as a small anvil.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    flamingokid likes this.
  15. flamingokid

flamingokid

A year from now,when people who aren't following this thread ask you how hard it was,you'll say "Piece of cake".The end result will justify the blood,sweat,and tears.

16. I've been getting a little more work done lately.
    I finished installing the wind wing seal and felt on the passenger side as well as slightly cleaning up all the stainless. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441763415.077718.jpg

And this weekend I was searching the classifieds and came across a deal I couldn't pass up. So I spent Saturday night till about 11:30pm pulling this thing out of the donor car. They guy said it was all ready out, he lied. Anyways, I got it and started pulling it apart. It looks to be in pretty good condition. Recently rebuilt. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441763608.543660.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441763630.377486.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441763655.826853.jpg
    I'll be stripping the efi off of it and making look more traditional. It came with a power steering pump so I might be getting a new ps box to go with it, since mine needs to be rebuilt anyways. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1441763794.242934.jpg
    So that's enough to keep me busy for a while. I'll keep updating this as I go.

Cooon and flamingokid like this.
  17. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

The car should be a good runner.
    Looks good.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. Nice that's what I'm looking for right now ! My buddy has a 91 mustang at his tow yard that's smashed in the rear that he's waiting for the paper work to clear ( it's a good runner with a 5 speed ) hope I can get it !!

19. flamingokid

flamingokid

I tried to get my Dad to buy a Cobra R motor out of a rear-ended Mark VIII and he turned it down in favor of a 302 out of an 80s Crown Vic....go figure :(

20. Haha ya sounds like something my dad would do. I guess he's had enough fast cars in the past he just wants to cruise slow now.

Anyways, he was in town this weekend. We took the car to Bobs in Northridge Friday and out cruising Saturday to a few of his old buddies places and I got a few pictures along the way. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442845432.848198.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442845460.828175.jpg
    I'll be dropping the block off at the machine shop this week so I'll in ally get that ball rolling.

cretin, Cooon, Eric H and 2 others like this.
  21. flamingokid

flamingokid

Yeah,I guess that's how Dad's roll ;) Good to see you making progress again.

22. Lately I've been getting a lot of work done with nothing to show at this time. I'm getting the 302 rebuilt, just picked up the t5 from the rebuilder, collecting clutch parts, rear end and brake parts, making sure my emergency brake works and stuff like that. Trying to plan out my swap as much as I can. Listing the things that need to be purchased and the work that needs to be done is a little overwhelming, but I know if I take it one step at a time, I'll get through it. Since the motor will be out I'll be rebuilding my steering box, painting my frame, inner fenders and firewall too.

RockinRivi and flamingokid like this.
  23. flamingokid

flamingokid

24. Very cool car!

25. 'Mo

'Mo

Do you know someone that can stripe? A few simple lines (like some 2 color, Jimmy the Greek style accents on the steering box, bell housing tunnel, etc.) will have a big impact when it's done. Get the corners now. You can come back for the rest later.

26. That's a good idea! I don't know anyone but I know there are guys in the area who can do a good job. But what do you mean the corners?

27. 'Mo

'Mo

J
    I just mean those places you can't get to when the motor's back in. They make you shake your head and say "Damn", when you see it all finished! :cool:

28. Of course. Great idea. I'll post up the results when I have it done.

flamingokid and 'Mo like this.
  29. Small update,
    I got the engine pulled out this weekend and began the huge task of cleaning the crud off the frame.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    That felt like 20lbs worth of shit from just around the transmission crossmember. I couldn't even get to the bolts it was so thick. Next up, welding up the inner fenders and cleaning up the firewall.
    The 302 is being rebuilt and shoul almost be done now. Just picked most of the rest of the parts the builder will need to assemble it and break it in for me.
    image.jpeg

Eric H likes this.
  30. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446422135.581531.jpg
    I finally got both fender patches tacked in where I had to raise the wheel wells.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1446422185.597330.jpg
    And got the front end pulled off. It took so much longer than it should have because half the bolts holding it all together we're so badly rusted I had to cut them off with a die grinder. No amount of Gibs would have helped. At least I'm making progress.

RockinRivi and Eric H like this.