Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My '50 Ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Dec 22, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Yesterday my daughter copied my classified ad listed here on the hamb and posted it on FB marketplace, nothing earth shaking about that but she has had 3 different people respond to the ads with some off the wall questions, the first was why did she say the engine is a 351 Cleveland when it is clearly a Windsor engine, she told him it is a Cleveland and he told her he knows engines and she is wrong. ( I know what I have)

The next clown wants to know why she called it a big block, no where in the ad does the term big block ever come up.

Then some idiot says he doesn't see twin turbo's on the engine, again nowhere in the ad is any mention of twin turbo's.

I have never had to deal with know it all's or people that read into my ads things that have never been said here on the Hamb, must be due to a more highly evolved hoodlums on this site. HRP

2. catdad49

catdad49

Danny, They are Out There! Amazing some of the questions that people ask. I hate to be rude, but some questions don't get answered (after I recover, shaking my head and ask myself, WTF). Hope you get a sale and Have a Merry Christmas, Carp.

3. partssaloon

partssaloon

The big reason I don't do that social media stuff. They ARE out there!

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

That is frightening on several levels! Like going to Walmart, watching people get out of their cars and thinking, "Omigosh, I just shared the road with those people!"

Spooky, catdad49, 3W JOHN and 5 others like this.

5. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Have they asked for more pictures yet?

milwscruffy, Spooky, catdad49 and 2 others like this.
  6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Funniest part is that in all likelyhood, the people asking the stupid questions, have absolutely no intention of buying it!

BTW, why is it painted white ???? o_O

Colonial Coupe, alanp561, HSF and 3 others like this.
  7. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

From what I can tell the main theme for social media is that someone posts something and other people give their opinions on it. I don't care too much for hearing peoples's opinions or giving mine so I steer clear of it myself.

I can't believe you haven't sold this car yet. I would love to have it. But I already have more cars than I have time to work on them.

catdad49, slim38, 3W JOHN and 2 others like this.
  8. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

60s,70s,80, an 90s,I had ask a number of drag racers to leave my shop,do too same type thing. I mostly did Sports cars,Oval race cars an hot rods,very few drag cars. Some of the drag guys seemed to know it all,so didn't need to be at my place. Now days,could be same guys,telling me,my Thunder Bird Y-block in my hot rod is a SBC ,,is a "Sure it is,how'd you know" LOL

9. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

I used to like selling stuff but not so much anymore.
    When these dip shits call or text you and ask you every dumbass question they can think of then ask for you bottom dollar I always tell them five hundred more than my ad says. When they squawk I tell them the five hundred is for making me answer the questions.....:)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  10. Funny you should ask, the guy that said the engine is a Windsor ask for more photo's of the engine. HRP

OLSKOOL57, catdad49, 3W JOHN and 3 others like this.
  11. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Lol

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and nochop like this.
  12. rusty valley

rusty valley

i dont know why it hasnt sold yet. looks like a great deal to me

13. The guy that sold it to my friend Rene' was from Arizona and he painted the car white, maybe it was to reflect the heat, If I could afford to to keep the car eventually it would be a darker color. HRP

14. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I am pretty much done with FB marketplace just because of all the dickweed flakes. I have had some of the most dumb assed questions asked that you could imagine. The one good sale I had was for a ot Pontiac that the guy gave me $500 extra to deliver it less than 90 miles away and sent the purchase price including the $500 delivery fee up front in cash! That is the exception, most of the time it is just a big PIA to use marketplace.

catdad49, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. Terraizer

Terraizer

You get that any where you list things anymore for some reason. Really make a guy not want to sell anything and just hoard it. That is a good car for a decent price, surprised you still have it.

16. fuzzface

fuzzface

I won't sell on facebook marketplace but I do watch and buy off of it. Seems to be deals on there in my area especially if you get involved with the local community ads . The ones on there from my area don't like cl and list over there but like I said prices are fair where I can buy off of facebook and resell the items on cl.

Yes, you get the clowns and scammers on cl but they are easy to spot and they don't bother me.

17. Hombre

Hombre

Sometimes it's all about timing. When Danny first got this car, I wanted it and wanted it bad. One of the reasons was the Cleveland. While I am not a Ford engine guy for the most part I just love the Cleveland engine, that and the fact it was in a Shoebox as well made this car very desirable to me. Trouble was it was just a little North of my budget, Danny reached out to me on this car and saying no was a damn hard thing to do.

Because of this car I was on the look out for another Shoebox. Finally found one in Georgia and for just a little money. While this car is a real mess and does not have a Cleveland I went ahead a pulled the trigger on it. Drove over and got it, pulled it into the shop and was checking the Classifieds, as I do every day. And what do I see? Danny had lowered the price to within my budget, and I had just bought another one. Damn and double damn just my stupid luck, sometimes it is all about timing, and in my case damn bad timing.

Danny this is a great little car, I am at a complete loss why you still have it, it is a complete steal at $8,000 and I mean a steal!! I only wish I had waited one more damn day...

18. Gman0046

Gman0046

Selling a car is no fun. Last car I sold was as a result of the HAMB classifieds. No BS, easy sale. Thank you HAMB. Too many assholes on eBay, Facebook and Craigslist the worst.

19. 62rebel

62rebel

Danny might have a buyer right here if my lawyer gets me straight

Hombre, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. Steves46

Steves46
    from Florida

Now I am beginning to see why consignment sales are becoming the choice for many.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. Latigo

Latigo

That looks like a nice car Danny. I’ve followed it since you bought it. Just no room in my stable or we might talk. You’ll get it sold.

22. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

I agree, I have decided not to sell anymore. Just to aggravating any more. Some of the people on eBay are just impossible. Of course, space is getting limited.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. I don't do facey book, craigslist kinda sucks. I've had great success on the appropriate forum for what I want to buy or sell.

24. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I think a lot of people that would like to have that car are like me and have a project going and can't justify another one, I thought the car would have sold before now.

25. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I liked it the first time I saw it, and I don’t usually like shoebox cars. Ran it by the wife, we’d had to sell her car to afford it, she absolutely hated it. Shot that idea down real quick. She doesn’t want anything newer than a 48. I think that is why it hasn’t sold, there just isn’t as many folks that like the shoeboxes as much as the 48 and earlier cars. 49 to 54 cars just don’t have that big a following around here.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. Gman0046

Gman0046

Streetrod market is in the toilet. My streetrod days are over.

41 coupe and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. I honestly believe there is a lot of people that like the 1950's cat & trucks, I'm beginning to think on this day and times more people want instant gratification and would rather spend their money on a nice detailed and finished car, not something they can drive and work on like many of have done in our lives.

We have been approached several times at cruise in's and shows asking if we would be interested in selling the wagon, HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  28. HSF

HSF
    from Lodi CA

There are a lot of hipsters out there that don't know squat about old cars. They like the image of having an old car. 99% of their experience is watching ass monkey build fake stuff. They take "cool" pictures of themselves to post on Instagram and wastebook. Main reason why I can't do any social media, my head would explode. I used to buy old honda and kawi motorcycles and fix them up for fun and to sell. Never made a lot of money but it was fun and satisfying to get old sitting junk up and running again. I would have to wade through so many idiots on craigslist to get one serious person. Just isn't worth the headache. Now I just keep everything I buy. Sorry you have to deal with all of the BS, your shoebox seems to be a great deal for someone that knows what they're looking at.

29. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Put the 64 big Ford cab over
    rams horn exhaust manifolds on it and really confuse them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER and dana barlow like this.
  30. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

LOL,,Some just stand an stair,with that wounder look but don't ask. That's in a way better then telling me what it is ! Or asking if it's all original ? Most of us get this stuff,I do enjoy talking to those that ask real "Q"
    001 (4).JPG

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019