Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 49 merc is almost on the road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scott49mercury, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Chefbiz62

Chefbiz62
    from Omaha, Ne

Looking good...Your gonna love cruisin it!!!

2. desotot

desotot

very nice, I love hardtop mercs, that will be a lot of fun.Tell us more about it.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Man, that's beautiful. You should be very proud. It is so easy to screw up one of these Mercs and you did everything right. :)

One thing I did notice, you may want to rethink those tail lights when you start going out in traffic with all those people who insist on driving and texting.

Don

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  4. teddyp

teddyp

car looks great cool that you used a caddy for the motor keep us posted and enjoy the shit out of it

5. Well done--you deserve a hats off from all ! ENJOY IT!

6. farmer12

farmer12

What a great looking Merc. Some people just don't realise how much blood, sweat and tears go into a project like this. (let alone $). Well done and enjoy the first drive!

7. you are right on the blood, sweat and tears. I have built a couple of hot rods and they dont have even a 1/4 of the hours I put into this ride. Most people that are not car guys dont realize hours you put into a car like this. then the tailights i know they look like they may be hard to see so I may move them up into the bumper guards but i live in a very low traffic town so they will work for now. I want to make molds like the slddnmatt did in a tech thread awhile back but for now I will just drive it.

8. brady1929

brady1929

congrats, looks great

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yeah, I didn't mean to say anything negative about the lights because it is such a bitchin' custom all around..........just didn't want to see you get it rear ended by someone not paying attention. :D I have had screaming brakes behind my hot rod more than once and it always scares the bejezus out of you.

Don

10. I know exactly what you are saying, I do have the same concern. I just didnt want to ruin the smooth back end look. The lights I have are LED and very bright and I hope they will work untill I can come up with a better idea. The one thing I think will save me is traffic is minor up here and winter will be here before I know it so I will have some more down time to come up with a better way.

11. 47fleet

47fleet

Great looking Merc!

12. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

LOVE the hardtop !

13. robertsregal

robertsregal

sweeeet lookin merc!!!

14. fleetwood39

fleetwood39

Nice Caddy hubcaps!

15. blackout

blackout

16. spiders web

spiders web

Sweeeeet car. A guy that can make a more door into a coupe is a student that has grabbed the pea from the masters hand. Congrats grasshopper. I hope mine turns out half that good.

17. CathyH

CathyH

Congrats! Your car is way too cool for words!

18. chaw5634

chaw5634

Congrats Mate, it looks awesome. I can just imagine the pleasure you will get from the 1st drive.
    Well done.

19. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Awesome! Great job!

20. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Awesome Merc man!

21. bustingear

bustingear

Thumbs up to a dieing art. Car looks great. I would like to have it,

22. The car is now driving it really feels great to drive it. I still have a few bugs in it but all and all it drives great!

[​IMG]