Register now to get rid of these ads!

my '48 Ford Coca Cola delivery truck!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deeznuts, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Deeznuts

Deeznuts

I have owned it since I was 14 yrs old. That would be 18 years now. It is a real Coca Cola delivery truck bought new by the coca cola plant in Rome GA. Mostly original, other than a crappy repaint at some point years ago. I had the lettering painted on and used a decal for the bottle on the door. Lowered it with a drop axle and flipping the rear springs. All I need to do now is scuff it down with a scuff pad, I want to get rid of the cheap shiny look. And I have chrome bumpers and grill bars for it. Then I'm ready to ride!

Attached Files:

2. Adam D.

Adam D.

AWESOME! bitchin truck dude!

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

Shiney is cool also.

4. Deeznuts

Deeznuts

I really like 'em shiny as well but the paint on the truck just isn't that nice. I'd like to paint it sooner or later. Probably late. I wanna ride around in it for now!

5. MP&C

MP&C

Nice! Coke should be paying you for advertising for them! :D

6. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Keep it as is till you can paint it.

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I vote keep it shiny too. Looks good as is. Patina needs to be earned, not faked. Get out and use like a truck and I am sure it will get some patina before you know it.

8. 19GMC63

19GMC63

Very nice... and a cool history to boot. Diggin' the stance too.

9. Brian W

Brian W

What a neat truck! I agree with the above comments though... keep the not so good paint and enjoy it. Don't "try" too hard with the faux patina. The stance and overall look of the truck is real bitchin as it is!

10. That stance is great! One recomendation I'd make though: If you really want to get a chrome bumper for it, get your current bumper chromed at a local shop. I've seen the new repro chrome bumpers, and the chrome is thinner than my hair line.

I think there was an optional chrome bumper in 51 or 52...that's what I'm holding out for (better looking bumper I.M.O.)

11. Zombilly

Zombilly

Scuff it if you want to.

12. bonesy

bonesy

That's so cool. Coca-Cola is the only drink that says hot rod, nothing else works.

13. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I would like to go swap meeting in that!

14. i would of thought it would have been painted Coca-Cola red? what's under the yellow paint?

15. Down here the Coke truck was yellow like he has his. Mitch brought cokes to the Worth Food store where I worked. He would not give me a shirt are an old cap. Still have not found a shirt. (that will fit)..............

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow that looks cool!

17. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

Man, I love trucks with a story!

18. cool truck , get him shiney!

19. whid

whid

very nice,shiney looks good on it...........dave

20. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Now that's the way a FNG is supposed to make an introduction!

Cool truck 'bro!

Guys, I dont think he is trying to fake patina or anything like that. I believe he wants to knock down the shine to hide a crappy paint job...

Either way it's cool... It's your damn truck, do anything you want to it. But above all, enjoy it!

21. how far is the axle dropped? looks great.

22. Deeznuts

Deeznuts

LOL, thanks for the kind words! Yeah you got it right, I just want to do something to hide the paint. It's horrible. But the spots that I hit with a red scotch bright look 100000 times better! It really hides alot. I'm gonna go that route 'till I can paint it. Heck I may not paint it after I get it scuffed down.

23. Deeznuts

Deeznuts

The axle is 3'' drop and I flipped the rar springs.

24. Francis

Francis

i like it as is....very cool truck.

25. bonesy

bonesy

Early delivery trucks were yellow.

26. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Here is a picture of my old '52 F1 parked in front of the old Coke building in Santa Maria, California. The building is there still but it is no longer the Coke building.... BUMMER!
    My '52 was an original U.S. Army truck stationed at Camp San Luis Obispo, Ca. Then it went down to Southern California to The Jet Propulsion Laboratory. When I DAed it down I could see the J.P.L. markings. Also looking in the glove box you can see the original U.S. Army data plate... pretty cool stuff.
    The truck is now owned by a guy in the L.A. or Orange County area.

Attached Files:

27. Chad s

Chad s

Keep it shiny!

28. Deeznuts

Deeznuts

That's a cool truck! I love that old building too.Wish I could take some pics of mine in front of it. Just a little far from me!

29. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Dude, that truck is bitchin. I can't wait to see it in person!

30. I used to letter the Coke trucks in St. Pete Florida in the sixties and they were always yellow with red lettering. I still have the layout book from Coke with all the sign and truck lettering layouts.A very rare book because sign guys weren't gentle with the books. I traveled all over Florida doing the Sprite guy with the bottle cap hat, mostly on bulletin boards.