Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 41 got hit!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, May 18, 2008.

1. Oh man, thanks SO MUCH! I really appriciate what you and Jon did, I have been trying to get a hold of him to square up with him. If you see him, please have him call or PM me, I want to pay for the time/materials that took!
    Thanks again man, Chris

2. 33mopower

33mopower

Would take me less than a day to repair. Easy fix even the cowl. Matching the paint wouldn't be too difficult. I really like the patina. If you use there insurance to repair it I suggest you take it to Craig @ Craigs autobody behind zips on Francis. He does alot of streetrod collision repair. He's working on a 40 ford sedan delivery (fiberglass) for Larry Phelps and just finished his 37 austin.

3. It wouldn't be fake. You earned it. ;)

I PM'd info on getting in touch with Josh.

JH

4. Thanks a lot Harrison, I'll give him a shout. I just realized last night that I was gonna drive my A there, but I doidn't quite trust it yet as I got the A on the road Friday night!!!! So I ended up in the ol trusty 41. If she couldn't see that huge 41 Ford, theres no way she would have see a model A!!!!!

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

That sucks Chris....
    The way I see it ya got two options.....

#1- Hammer it out the best ya can and LEAVE it, no touchups.....it's all a part of the history the car has gone through....small dents and the hammer marks from straightening should be looked upon as badges of HONOR. Cars get beat up when they get DRIVEN.

#2- You could just sell the car to me......I prefer this option!:D

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I think your patina can be saved easily enough. Just don't go crazy with the reprime and it will be fine. I think you're obsessing too much about the paint. I would be more pissed about the dents! :D

7. it is 41'! should have seen where the numbers were, 54' is lower left duh!:eek::eek:

8. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Been watching this post.. Pm me if you want.. We'll see if there is anything I can do.. Or at least point ya in the right direction.

Joshua Shaw
    Cin Oh

9. I will for sure Joshua, I am meeting with the insurance dorks this week, and will see what they have to say. I defenetly want to talk with you though.

10. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

I think that'll buff out.

11. Got the insurance check, so progress begins!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

You just don't fully realize how BIG those fenders really are until one is missing.

keep us posted!

13. Yeah, and what a pain they are to get off. Three piece fenders and three piece inner fenders, and LOTS of rusty nuts/bolts :D

14. Take a look at Don Dillards 32 and how he matched NEW repairs with his old Patina, I dont like the fake stuff but in your case you are matching how it WAS!

15. Fortyfordguy

Fortyfordguy

I just saw your post tonite. Thought about your car's damaged fender but the NOS fender I have here is for the other side. It's the upper section (driver's side). Still in Ford's primer and has the part number stamped inside. Maybe you know someone else with a 41 that could use this piece. If so, let them know I have it. I'm located in Cincy, Ohio. It came with a batch of other sheet metal I bought a year ago, and I have this and a few other odd pieces left. Good luck with the repair....neat car! Mac VP
    www.flatheadv8.com

16. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

That rare license plate frame is available on ebay for $75 & up plus shipping, so make them step up on it also.Good luck with the repair.

17. ford57bucket

ford57bucket

it's a good thing she didn't hit that center grille, those things are impossable to find!

18. Thanks guys, I will post more progress when that time comes!