The Jalopy Journal
Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Jan 9, 2010.
Didn't take long to get that on there!!
Did you fire it up?
Love the stance!!
It's coming along.
What a nasty little piece of work - I love it!
Did ya know a 555 Ci with aftermarket block is practically the same price as a 496 using a stock block. I'm sure my Edelbrock rpm heads won't support full boogie on the 555 but what the hell.
Ok now I'm committed to actually having to get this thing on the road, I just ordered a 540 short block ! I got it turned around so engine removal can be accomplished, oh man....what have I done
clean the bed out, looks like Sanford and son
Ha, that is the catch all for current projects. It was full of Henry J stuff while building that and latest holding all the Shovelhead stuff.
what are you going to do with the other big block? The one currently in the truck? it';; fit in the J
Some very unexpected heart issues has slowed me down but sped up the urgency to get this truck drivable . Motor is broken in still waiting on a dyno slot to see what kind of power it's got
20150309_194918 by swade41 posted May 13, 2015 at 6:26 AM
Since welding isn't recommended for me, I dropped the beast off to have a new coilover ladder bar rear to handle the new power
Also stripped the filler off the cab to see how bad it actually is
Dropped it off at Old Soul hot rod shop to get that fixed. I'm going to drive this prick before my health gets any worse !
You rich guys got it made!-MIKE
that's an awful big sunroof....what are the plans for front lights and grille?
Test fitting the new roof section
Needed some slicing so the guys sliced
The rear lined up and tached into place
Moving to the front tomorrow
They sure did a great job on it !
My health isn't getting much better, they scheduled an EBUS for something they spotted in a heart CT scan. Like I need anything else on top of the current issues. Lets hope for it not being what it could be.
I've went through and removed a bunch of the OT photos and feel the low budget tech is still pretty good here. I found a painter and started putting the truck back together to make sure all the one off pieces were finished enough. The day before it was to be picked up I decided to go ahead and cut some holes in the welded in tailgate, something I had been thinking about for a few years. Trying to decided on the proper size and spacing of the holes.
Going for broke with the hole saw, I like it !
and off to paint, same black with a satin clear for that sinister look
I kept the front end here, it still needs fitting for the blower stuff poking out of the hood
I glassed the hole closed I had cut out for the Moon tank, repaired lots of cracks also, battling fatigue but pushing forward.
Then marked it out for more speed holes !
I'm running Moon discs, with a silver belt line trim as well as a silver painted area along the lines of the stock grill shape.
good luck with the MD as well...
The 'like' button just didn't feel right. Looks like good progress to me. That engine looks awesome!
Was on the dyno Wed. And Thurs. new meaning to "speed" holes.
8.2 % over driven made 3.2 lbs of boost which made 706 hp at 6000 rpm and barely climbing and 746 ft lbs tq at 4400 rpm on pump gas. The air yesterday in the room was worse than on Wednesday and showed a loss of 34 ft lbs @4500 and 62 hp @6000. The only difference being Wed. at 34 degrees timing and Thursday at 32 degrees. Plenty safe tuneup at only 3 lbs boost so it should live a long time. At 2500 rpm it was making 631ft lbs, at 3500 it was 702 ft lbs and carried over 700 till 5000 rpm at 702, still had 618 ft lbs at 6000 rpm
that's going to be a bad ass truck....
Stopped by and checked the progress on the body, it's coming along. I go in for the biopsy day before Thanksgiving and hope to get it back before that.
I had a friend machine me some new motor mounts to replace the rubber biscuits.
I put the flex plate and starter on the engine then checked the convertor fit to flexplate. The convertor came out of a car with a mid plate so wasn't sure if the nose of it would bottom out on crank.
Today I chased bolts across town to get the water pump on and it's pulley. It all lines up good. I thought I had a steel pulley but only had one that was to big, so this one will do.
looks great...good luck prayers sent...
Your future ride looks great - prayers sent as well - Be like Mr. Natural - Keep yer sunny side up !
Got the truck back from the painter but the paint job is full of runs, dry spots and shoty work. Really sucks to say the least but I decided to bolt on the fenders and running boards to see if my build vision was there or not.
The firewall actually looked good so I installed the engine/Trans to keep my mind busy while waiting on the biopsy results. They said 10 days on that so I'll keep moving along on it.
The hole I cut in the hood didn't fit the new scoop so I started cutting that bigger and screwed my back up. I had ordered some new parts from Summit and of course they came in but that'll have to wait.
like the all black, hope you get the paint sorted out.
Truck should haul ass...
Positive vibes sent for the heath...
Like a dumb ass I cracked the new transmission's case putting the A-N fittings from the old Trans into it. Some th400's were pipe and others straight, lesson learned that it doesn't take much force to Crack the case.
So out came the engine and Trans to replace the Trans case.
Separate names with a comma.