Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 40 Plymouth Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anythinggm, Dec 1, 2011.

1. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

[​IMG]
    Welded the plates to the hats for the upper pocket

2. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

[​IMG]
    Wasn't sure what to do with the lower control arm pocket, so I chose to cut a 1/4 steel circle and weld it to the ctr hole. drill a hole in the middle of it to mount the bag to. Seems to work good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still working in the control center in the trunk area, will post pics of that as it progresses.

3. farmer12

farmer12

Nice job on the bags. Looking good. What compressor/tank setup are you going to use?

4. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

[​IMG]

Here are my components Eric, Im working on a platform now for them to set on at the far most foward area of the trunk on the passenget side. Figured that way i could access it from the large door behind the passenger seat.

5. zkilla396

zkilla396
    from Peoria, IL

Did my question motivate you to get back to yours? Haha

Lookin good - can't wait to hear how she rides with those.

6. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Your Coupe is going to look sick slamed!

7. 64Kaddy

64Kaddy
    from SoCal

Looking Good!! Cant wait to see how low you'll be able to go on the front. What are your plans for the rear? 4 link? channel the frame?

8. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Going with 4 link in the back next season. Gonna just drive it this season with the front bags only. The front is pretty low. I have to use wood blocks under the tires to get the jack out from under the car. Funny thing about these cars, the frames hang really low, so the only way to get the body low to the ground is you pretty much have to channel the body over the frame. i'm NOT seeing that in my future for this car. just gonna go as low as I can with no body/frame mods.

9. n847

n847

Can't wait to see it on the bags! Nice work!

10. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

LOL, yes you did. been waiting for the time. And since I had a stalled moment on 53olds truck project, I figured what the hell.

11. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Built a nice carpeted platform way back in the trunk on the passenger side. Should be out of the way when it comes time to do the C notch and raise the center floor area. Best part is it can all be access easily thru the large access panel behind the passenger seat that these biz coupes have.

Attached Files:

12. 64Kaddy

64Kaddy
    from SoCal

Yes I did notice the frame sits quite a way below the body . Like SLMLORD stated in his build thread he removed the Body to frame bushings as they are quite bulky. Im assuming this would help lower the body another 1"

13. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Looking real good Keeth! :)

14. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

15. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Nice car. enjoy!:cool::D

16. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Thanks Rich..

Thanks

Thanks and I am.

17. 64Kaddy

64Kaddy
    from SoCal

Did you weld up the upper shock mount exactly as it came cut from Fatman or did you have to cut or adjust any?

18. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Reference back to post #146 for pics. I welded it on the frame as is from fatman. Now on the upper control arm you can see where I cut off the original upper shock mount for clearance of new shock. For the lower mount I utilized the stock lower bolt, however since the stock shocks had NO steel sleeve bushing that the new shocks have, I had to have the shoulder on the bolt that acted as the sleeve lathed down on a machine lathe to fit the ID of the sleeve on the new shocks. Also that way I was able to retain the stock sway bar. Hope this helps.

19. 64Kaddy

64Kaddy
    from SoCal

Thank you for all the help and posting some killer detailed pictures. Heres a pic of some of the front end Ive done on mine. Luckily all the parts on my front end have have been identical to that of the 40 Plymouth. Do you think there will be a great dela of benefit from installing the sway bar?

Attached Files:

20. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

Looks great man!! Funny even reminds me of my shop. Sand blast cabinet and welder on the same wall as me..LOL. As far as the sway bar. Never drove mine with out it. i'm a huge fan of them so I kept it. But other vehicles that I have driven without one take corners like a unstable row boat. Then again they weren't lowered.

21. 1959apache

1959apache

Any updates??? Looking great so far

shot you a PM on your suspension

22. 64Kaddy

64Kaddy
    from SoCal

Updates?
    Rumours on the streets are that you no longer have the car!!:eek:.. PLease tell me thats not true?

23. anythinggm

anythinggm
    from Oregon

True story, strange string of events lead to the sale of the car. But now its proudly owned by another hamber Joe c. And is in New Orleans.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

24. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

some darn good ideas on this thread.