Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 37 Dodge D5

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sjiefaa, Oct 6, 2010.

1. moose

moose

2. farmer12

farmer12

Looking good Sjiefaa, keep up the great work!

3. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

If I remember right they had a course and fine adjustment. Did you look at the manual for the adjustment? That was the only way I got mine right. Pretty weird set up....

4. That's a very nice Mopar Sjiefaa, all it needs is a Hemi like the on i have for
    sale for you in my 52 Desoto (276 cui):D

5. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

6. Mudgy

Mudgy

You've got a great clean start there mate. Mine is a lot more tired, and definitely isn't a runner.
    Right now, the laws governing modifications here down under have changed, and I think I will have a harder time than I thought getting my 37 to where I want it.

Nice car!!

7. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Thanks for the comments everyone!

KJSR; I gave up on the drumbrakes, decided it just wasn't worth it in the end. I tried everything I could think of, it just didn't work. I am going to use the disc conversion kit I bought from Rustyhope to get it road legal.
    So today I started by taking apart the RH brake set-up and cleaned up the spindle a bit before I decided it was time for a quick test fit.
    Frustration hit me right in the face as I tried to fit my new caliper to the conversion kit's caliper bracket. The caliper pin holes are off by just a few mill, enough to make it a rough fit.... So I guess I'll have to re-drill the brackets or make new ones from scratch. Will decide on that one later...

Thanks for reading!

8. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

OK.... Caliper mounting brackets redrilled, steering arms drilled to 14mm and the spindles now have 14mm fine thread in the lower bolt holes.
    I had to use the grinder on the mounting brackets to provide some clearance for the calipers (see pics)
    I bought some 10.9 fine thread bolts and slapped it all together, then shot some gunmetal grey ''hi-temp'' on the lot. I know this probably won't last, but after all the hard work I just had to have something shiny to show for, LOL...
    Bolting stuff together;
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hacking of the excess lenght of bolts;
    [​IMG]
    Making room for the calipers;
    [​IMG]
    Spray;
    [​IMG]
    Result;
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking!!!!