Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 36 truck,still cant get the look...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skyspop, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Johnny99

Johnny99

You are not to far off, chop it, 4 to 5 inches in the front a little less at the rear, lay the A pillar back AKA Bonneville/Drag Race. Suicide doors:eek: don't flame me yet! do some whittling and make the leading edge of the door follow the cowl line at the rear of the hood, like a 33/34 Ford passenger car. Lean the top of the grill back just a smidge, not to much or it looks cartooney. Shorten the box. A little more rake. Oh yeah, different induction. Who said looking good was easy.
    Have a great Easter all, John

2. skyspop

skyspop

Thanks for all replys again guys,they are most all helpful,Monkey,I like the job you did,wheels and tires need to change.I plan on doing some things this week,was going to sell at jefferson swap,but looks like im staying home.hopefully I can get out of work sometime to get in the garage.dude,NO RED WHEELS and spider webs,I know your deal says 'May contain sarcasm"but , literally,every reply?

3. paint the rust, chop,and wheels..done.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I like the long bed and no chop. why build a bobber and look like everyone else???

5. Do this. The only real problem is that your wheels and tyres are way too small. Get some nice tall tyres on there and you'll see a massive difference.

6. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

If it were mine, I'd leave it like it is. Looks good now.

7. Here is the body pan I made to cover up the frame and gas tank:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not saying that this is the right way to do it, but worked for me...

8. Hdonlybob,
    I am not sure I would flatten the cab bottom in my opinion it lends to the class of the truck. my thoughts are maybe a little more rake it would look better slightly down in the snout.

maybe a good set of tall sheapers in the rear or tall dirt track tires would help. The truck will certainly look better once it is cleaned up and painted if that is the plan. A good coat of paint or at least an all over color never hurts a thing, even if it is just primer.

A lot of the fellas are going to say it needs fenders and maybe that is an avenue that could be explored as the money/fenders arrive. It makes no difference either way to me but it may be something to look into.