Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 32 parts score today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by irondoctor, Jan 7, 2011.

1. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Well an ol hot rodder /tin hoarder /friend came by the house looking for a radiator for his 32 project and I happen to have an aluminum radiator I was not planning to use. We start talking trade and the next thing I know I am pulling a 32 firewall, dash, and gauge tunnel from a 32 1 ton truck.

As I was pulling that old firewall out I was thinking this maybe the only time in my life that I actually pick 32 parts from a "junker" out in the yard.
    It kinda felt like it was back in the day or somthing.... Anyway here are some pix of todays score. Check out that Ford coil.

Attached Files:

2. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Nice dash and firewall. I'd say that was a good trade.

3. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Thanks
    I feel I came out good. They have some surface rust and pry will be pitted in spots, but I dont see any rot to worry about. I will take them to the sand blaster next week.

4. 067chevy

067chevy

Nice score!!

5. fleetside66

fleetside66

Lookin' good...it's hard to find a dash with the column mount/ignition thing intact. I haven't seen a dash without extra holes in a long time. Good find. Maybe he'd like to throw in some other stuff...there's a lot of little hard to find goodies in these cabs that can be (fairly) easily unbolted or unscrewed.

6. sodas38

sodas38

Tough to beat scoring some old 32 Ford parts.

7. Cool, but now you don't have a radiator for your '32 project! Just kidding, that stuff looks nice!

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'd much rather swap parts with someone that needed what I have and me needing what he has than using hard earned cash to purchase them. Looks like both of you made out on this one................win/win:)

Frank