Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 32 5 window build thread..now chopped.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony

These are 500's. As of now there are no mods done to them, but i havn't fired it up yet either.
    I ran the same set up on my old 32 with a 6-71, and didn't do any blower mods to them, just tuned them to run good. Took about a week and a half to get them dialed in, but once i did it was perfect. That car started and ran as if it had a 2 barrel on it.
    I KNOW i fattened them up a lot from the base line factory settings, i just can't remember what i ended up at in jet and rod sizes.
    It ran so good i'd check the plugs from time to time, but ran the same set for 3 years or so..
    I ended up changing them just to get new ones in it.
    I'm going to try and do the same with these with hopes of the same result.
    I'll let ya know how it works out once i can drive it.

Tony

2. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Thanks, sounds good & looks even better.

3. Tony,I really love the direction your going with the coupe,,I'm starting to regret selling mine now. HRP

4. Tony

Tony

Thanks guy's.

Sooo, Sunday i finally got the motor on the test stand and fired.
    Broke it in without any major issues. The biggest one being a major oil leak from the blower.
    Pulled it off, and broke it down to find the original oil holes for it's original diesel application NOT plugged off..Made a freakin' mess.
    Plugged them off, reassembled the blower and got it back on tonight.
    Cleaned it all off, fired it up and took a quick video uncorked.
    Still need to fine tune it but it starts right up and runs STRONG.

Pay no mind to the wiring, coil location and fuel lines, it's start stand stuff..

Here it is...it's a snotty little 331 :D
    Make sure ya got the volume on or else it's pointless. hahaha

[​IMG]

Tomorrow it get's pulled off the stand, mated with the trans and dropped in the chassis.
    Tony

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

that is fucking cool.

6. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

The first start videos are pretty cool.Like the dog laying in the corner thinking wtf is all this noise.

7. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

That is so too bad ass!!!!

8. Tony

Tony

Thanks guys.
    I hate taking it off the stand 'cause i want to keep running it! :D
    But, it's gotta get put in it's new home. It'll be WAY more fun there eventually :)

Tony

9. Very cool, congrats on the start up !

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I am inspired and speechless....Totally cool!

11. Tony

Tony

Thanks fella's...
    Well it's in it's new home. time to get going on the headers/exhaust, fuel lines, firewall etc etc etc...

Tony

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      124.5 KB
      Views:
  12. It looks tough without the body, cant wait to see the whole package rolled into the driveway.

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

14. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

I just went through this whole thread. Absolutely awesome car. Love the mags and vintage slicks. Great execution on everything.

15. Tony

Tony

Thank you, and everyone else!

16. I love the wheels,,they look so right! HRP

17. Tony

Tony

I finally have a actual working clutch!
    As some of you may know, i switched the clutch fork to the pass side for clearance..and decided to make it a cable actuated set up.
    After a ton of thinking about how the hell i was going to do this...I finally came up with the final idea.
    I ordered a push-pull cable from Orscheln to the specs i came up with. Not cheap, but well worth the money and an extremely nice piece.
    As i normally do, it's freakin' way overkill but i never have to worry about it breaking!
    Had to cut and move one of the eyelets on the clutch pedal to fit the rod end, and make some adjustments to my trans crossmember, but it's all in and works. Just need to final adjust it once i can drive it.
    The rod ends are 3/8ths and the cable dia is .260..plenty heavy duty. hahaha
    Also hacked up some old headers i had on my 57 years ago. They are 1 3/4 tube which is what i needed for this. Finding a pair that would actually fit this car would have been just about impossible..
    The ones i had were smashed pretty good on the lower tubes 'cause i had the 57 real low at one point.
    So, i cut em up and assembled them to fit on this. The one pic is the original pass header, and the "new" drivers side together.
    It's on the lift in the pics, so the collectors look real close, but they are actually even with the scatter shield..and about 4+ inches off the ground and above scrub line.

Sorry for the poor quality pics as usual. cell phone cam.

Tony.

Attached Files:

18. Tony

Tony

The patchwork firewall is smooth and shiny....couple small thing's to do to the chassis over the weekend, then it's on to finishing the body so i can put this damn thing together.

Tony

Attached Files:

19. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

That last shot is a thing of beauty.

20. ^^^^^ Ya, what he said. ^^^^^^

Awesome Tony.

21. Lurk king

Lurk king

I know it's been said before, but BAD ASS!

22. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Just found this thread too...my favorite part of your build is well, everything !

23. Tony

Tony

Thanks guys.
    All that's left on the chassis is the roll bar mounts, and square up the axles/alignment. small stuff.
    I need some flat stock for the mounts and have to wait til Monday to get it, and want to have the body on to square thing's up axle wise.
    The weather SUCKS today, so i think i'm going to start the body work on the doors..
    I'm pretty sure i'm going to bring it to the "Cavalcade of car's" show in Buffalo in March, so i have to cover some real ground on it in the next couple months. I doubt it'll be done, but it'll at least look like a car and move under it's own power by then. I hope! haha

Tony

24. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Tony what's the measurement from the front face of block to front edge of blower pulley, I need to see if I can fi

25. Tony

Tony

I'll check tomorrow and get back to ya.

26. Tony

Tony

From the machined surface at the front of the block to the front edge of the lower pulley measures 5 7/8ths. Thats with a 2" drive, so add a little over another inch for the 3".

Tony

27. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great work, Tony, but you ALWAYS do great work! We poor hacks stand in awe.........!

28. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

29. Tony

Tony

No problem at all.

Thank you very much Bob, but i'm just a backyard builder like everyone else.
    I sure appreciate the compliment, but i 'aint no better :D

Tony