Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '31 Model A Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheSteamDoc, Jul 26, 2020.

1. TheSteamDoc

TheSteamDoc

Last month, June, I finally bought my dream car! It's a '31 Ford 5 window. Came with some spares. The body is in fairly good shape. The frame, not so much. I'm happy to have bought a good start to a traditional rod. I bought it from a fellow HAMB member in Pompano Beach. My plan is to build a early 50's traditional. 4" chop, etc. Plan on running a Cadillac 365/390 backed up to a 5 speed or a 4 speed with a 9" rear. Like to lower the car drastically and run a drop and drilled front end. It'll be a while before I start. I need to buy a welder and level the body prior to any rust repairs. I'm still in shock I own this car!

Attached Files:

Stogy, treb11, clunker and 2 others like this.
  2. Bugguts

Bugguts

Great start to a hot rod.
    Get them tools bought and get going, enjoy and let us follow when you get to building!

TheSteamDoc likes this.
  3. TheSteamDoc

TheSteamDoc

Got a 390 this weekend from a '61 Cadillac. Motor is a mess and it's stuck. At least the bottom end was clean enough and the bores felt ok. Lot of sludge though. I'll have to fill the cylinders with ATF and Acetone. Looks like someone didn't believe in oil changes! I plan on using Offenhauser valve covers and tri power intake along with a Isky cam and possibly headers. One heavy engine dry for sure.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.