Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '29 Model A roadster P/U progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mramc1, Jul 6, 2006.

1. mramc1

mramc1

Here are new pics of my Model A. Handmade frame, custom body from cowl back, 283 Chevy with T4 4-speed. Body is channeled 4" and the windshield is chopped 3". What do you think? It will be finished off with a raked '34 International grille and henderwell exit headers. Box is chopped down Chevy unit that I saved from the crusher and gave the guy $6 for. Grand total in this build is right at $3000. Not too bad for what I have I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tdoty

tdoty

Interesting front axle! What is that?

Nice looking car, and, did you build the chassis? I'm getting ready to tackle something similar and would appreciate anything from pointers to drawings and measurements.

Tim D.

3. I was wondering about that front axle too. Looks like sort of like a Spicer Jeep axle with the pumpkin removed.
    Tony

4. louvers

louvers
    from alameda,ca

You've got a great start going on there. I need one of your corvette valve covers though, I've only got one. It's great that this hobby just keeps pulling
    in more willing workers. Every time I think I'm through, one of my sons finds
    another great project. We're truly lucky to be able to fill the void. Too many
    are just sitting in front of the TV, when they could join in the fun. Good luck
    with your A. Carlos

5. djmartins

djmartins

Nice!
    Looks like you have a great start for $3,000!
    Please keep us posted on the progress.

regards,
    DJ

6. mramc1

mramc1

The front axle is a '92 Jeep Comanche 2WD axle turned around barkwards to make it rear steer. I have cross steering set up to it with a GM manual saginaw box.

The $3000 is for the complete car and includes (not shown) a new wiring harness, new front tires, new headers, new clutch parts, and other misc things. When I started all I had was a free 283 and the rearend. I had to build and buy everything else. I just started this a winter project and here in WNY it gets pretty cold. I found it too cold to work outside so I had to move indoors. I built the chassis at my buddy's garage, but the body and drivetrain I built in my kitchen. I had the whole truck in there up until last week when I had to disassemble it to get it out for painting.

Next step is to finish the cab and get the bed on. Then all that's left is to plumb, wire, and fire. I hope to have it roadworthy this August. I'll keep updates coming as it gets closer to being done.

Josh

7. mramc1

mramc1

Bump for the guy looking for roadster pickup pics.

Josh