Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 26t Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, May 22, 2008.

1. smokey3550

smokey3550
    from texas

Thanks for taking the time to post your project, very inspirational.

2. scrape53

scrape53
    from iowa

incredible attention to detail

3. rileyrecords25

rileyrecords25
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

nice work cant wait to see it completed!

4. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks guys, I can't wait either, all this shit takes so long to do :)

5. hershambob

hershambob

man flu all cleared up then

6. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

No Bob still suffering but slightly better :)

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

???

9. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Frecken-A, the craftmanship you HAMB'er have, it's amazing.

I wish I had some down time to take my T apart for some "finishing", but you know, with this SoCal wheather . . . . WE JUST DRIVE!!!

10. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

WHOOOOOSH Right over yer head....wasn't it???;):D

11. Looks to me that your not building a daily driver.Your building one of the FINEST DETAILED SHOW CARS,that I have ever seen.

Your attention to detail and skill is of the highest I have ever seen,Steve.

I have worked in SHOW Winning HOT ROD shop here in Australia.We did not put as much time fine detail and Polishing in the cars I have worked on.

Your taking it to a NEW level.You going to take it to SEMA or something and Blow them away with TOP CUSTOM.

INSPIRING TO SAY THE LEAST,Your a HOT RODDER.

This is why I am into Hot Rods,you can do what you want to your car,as long as it is structually strong.
    Put all your own thoughts into your OWN creative hands and then let yourself be as expressive as you like to a Standard that you are happy with.

Very Coooool guy and Car.

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

incredible work. I am envious of your skills

13. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Tony i'm really not sure what to say !!! High praise indeed wether warranted or not :) I'm really not sure, there are some real talented builders on here that i myself admire, they know who they are :)

Me i'm just building for myself, I really enjoy making stuff and having individual cars and parts, For me its the small details that make the finished car stand out from the rest, Bass & Ken Thurm spring to mind here.

As for the trophy side of things it really don't float my boat i'm afraid, But i would love to take my car to the U.S. just to attend a big show.

I intend to drive the wheels off this car and can't wait to run it at the drags to see what it will do.

My trophy would be a fellow Hotrodder telling me he liked my car, that will do for me !!!
    Its always nice to get positives from your fellow hobbyists.

A couple of years ago we had Norm Grabowski as a guest at our Supernationals and he gave his Norms pick to my Sues 29A roadster pickup, I felt so honoured that Norm picked a car that i built as his favourite, I will never forget that moment or Norm. Coming from him made me feel very proud.

Thanks again for the very kind words.

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  14. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Forgot about the rear pics, not so blingy :D

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  15. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Not so blingy....Right:D

Amazing work again,keep it coming!

16. Yeah detail is my thing to cant stop it happening it just keeps on getting shinny bits heading its way to my roadster.
    I'm also going to drive my Hot Rod everday.
    My tailights arrived from the states today,so I will get to fitting them on the weekend,,,coool.

17. kisam

kisam

Looks like man jewelry from here! Great job as always!

18. Alfster

Alfster

Amazing work.

19. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks guys, its appreciated.

20. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

What tail lights did you end up going with Tony ???

21. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Still looking good, keep it up and take lots of pics.

22. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Not much to show as most of it is the boring stuff at the moment and this detail stuff can eat up a fair bit of time but i did get around to making the master cylinder look a bit better, I was originally going to chrome the body but after 1/2 way through polishing i decided to paint it.

Master cylinder is new Raybestos unit from a 1955 F100 truck

First off got all the roughness off it and ground off the lettering and sticky out bits and put on 3 coats of epoxy primer, next 2 coats of Green TI hibuild, then it was all rubbed down and 3 coats of my special mix 2k white applied, its matches the firewall.

The cap was made on a CNC mill by Steve (rusty coupe) and is fashioned after a aircraft cap, this was hollowed out and glued to the original cap with 2 pack epoxy glue. Once set it was given a nice shine on my polisher.

The outlet of the cylinder was 1/2" UNF and you can't get a stainless fitting to 3AN so i spun one up on the lathe and drilled and tapped the centre to take a 3/8" stainless banjo fitting & bolt.

I wanted to add a lanyard to the cap and found some stainless bicycle brake cable, I'm well pleased how it came out :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  23. I predict that you get very sick of cleaning this piece of art before long. It's beautiful, but man do i see hour upon hour of polishing and upkeep in the future. Good luck in the future and keep up the outstanding work. My fingertips get sore just looking at this.

24. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I don't like cleaning but my Sue does :D:D:D

Thanks for the comments its appreciated.

25. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Got lucky today and found a stainless banjo & bolt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

A few people asked about the copper washers so here's what they look like before compressing.

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  27. Bet you get a slap for that one Steve...!

28. Sorry had to copy your 58 Chev with 59 Caddy Tailights,Ive had the 59 Caddy tailights for years and just wasn't sure on how to french them in.I found some 58 Chev Bezels in the states and had them shipped out already.

Got em fitted to the back of the roadster already,got to put the body back on soon,I think I may need to french them into the 32 Back panel though.They seem to point up a bit.
    The chassis has a bit of a stance too so I think it will enhance the tailight angle.
    I was going to make up some pods and fit them into the back guards,but am much happier with them on the back panel.Thanks for the inspiration.

Making some nice bits still,wasn't that master cylinder all rough cast iron,youve been lovin things to death again havent you.

29. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

Just found this thread and read it start to finish...and now I'm depressed. Jesus Christ, every single progress pic is amazing, and so far beyond anything I'm capable of. If you'll excuse me, I'm going out to my garage to burn it and everything in it to the ground.