Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '26 Roadster / Vintage photo search

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrModelT, Nov 12, 2008.

1. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks Jason!

I am hoping to have it finished up (or close to it) this weekend. have the wood header cut and ready to install over the windshield. After that, side curtains.

For my next trick, I am leaning toward something....early. I am drawing up a few prototype designs for a real nasty looking 1912 T touring. should be really wild and different.

2. MrModelT

MrModelT

...oh and did I mention the interior needs to be done yet? Right now its just temp stuff. I'm trying to make the decision as to what to upholster it in. I have some real nice Pendlton wool blanket material that has all the colors of my car in it and sort of a "Aztec" pattern (one of my earlier post has a photo that shows this 5 or 6 pages back), and I also have (my favorite) a whole cars worth of original pleated burgundy leather out of a 1940 Packard convertible sedan. Great patina, a little discoloration some small rips...would fit the car and the period well......decisions, decisions! :)

Any opinions?

3. MrModelT, really nice car! I especially dig the roadster with the chopped top.

But more importantly, I'm impressed by you. You know your stuff, understand the history, are respectful and can type in complete sentences so people can understand you! Maybe there is hope for todays youth! Never follow the crowd, and keep it up...gawd I sould like an old man! :D

4. MrModelT

MrModelT

Comet,

Thank you kindly! That means alot to a young guy, especialy an aspiring hot rodder like me.

5. Frank36

Frank36

Great thread, missed it before. You have a nice T and go a great job.

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

Its been a while since I posted any new updates. Here is the new top DONE!

Attached Files:

7. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  8. I love this car!

here is a pic of my new T I bought off a buddy of mine. It is narrowed 10" and runs a FORD 2.3/5 speed(yeah a ford in a ford, the way it should be!) Most likely it will be getting an automatic unfortuantely, cuz I'm paralyzed from mid chest down and my legs dont work...... Unless I come up woth a cool hand-clutch...... Sorry this is the only pic I have so far..... We have too many other projects going right now and for what I paid for it I couldnt build half of a car so...... My new summer driver!

James
    [​IMG]

Lil'Alb likes this.
  9. I'm a topless kinda guy, But the new top looks great. At least then you have the option to drive it on a day where it might rain. I love the pics with the dog riding shotgun! He is so cool!

James

10. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks, I am quite pleased with the top myself! Nice lookin' T! I think a real cool hand clutch adapter could be fabed up real easy. It would sure make an interesting addition. The dog's (or "co-pilot's") name is Boomerang and he loves to ride in these old cars. He belongs toa close friend of mine and thought He should be my co-pilot on the first real shake down. Here is a little better shot that just makes me laugh!

Attached Files:

11. MrModelT

MrModelT

*update* "New pipes for my roadster"

Just thought I would post this and see what ya guys think. Since I fired my roadster for the first time and it has progressed down the vintage "Gow Job" look, It was always missing "something", just couldn't put a finger on it. Well, I think I figured it out.....a decent voice. I had been running a glass pack on the car since day one and It sounded great, but this weekend I let my imagination go and I built up a 41" early '30s era lake pipe out of a early Ford V-8 torque tube just like they did way back when and I must say.....I'm glad I did! It has a real nasty "bark" to it and a rumble that just makes it.

I put up a few pix, will have some vids soon, just gotta get some better sound (my little Nikon's AVI clip audio does not do it justice).

Attached Files:

12. Slowhand

Slowhand

That's flat out dirty. Awesome work, dude. Glad to see I'm not the only guy under the age of 30 that browses here :eek:

13. Ice man

Ice man

Love the car and love to see a young guy doin what your doin. I'm much older and have been building longer then you have been here, and as i see it, most of the young guys want 500 hp, and miss a lot of fun in the process. Keep it up, your doing a fine, job. I'm just finishing my latest, a 29 Pk Up. When the doors are done she on the road.Used what i could scroung up or make to get er done. Its a lot of fun and you will never regret the time spent building. Take time to talk to the old guys, they know more then you might think. Ice man

Attached Files:

14. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

I've been watchin' your thread since it's popped up I really like your ride. Congratulations to you. The top is very cool.

15. MrModelT

MrModelT

16. Elrod

Elrod

MrModelT! Love the dash! Great little car! Top notch!

17. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Damn Clayton!! The roadster just keeps getting better!!! I love the pipe man!! Keep it up!! You have a look that you just don't see very often. Simple, impressive and original. I love it!!

18. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thank you all for the compliments! I have also added A hoodsides since my last update. I will post some pix soon, won't let me right now.

19. MrModelT

MrModelT

Here are a few pics of the hood sides. The blister on the driver's side around the steering box is from a 1912 Cadillac. it was part of the splash panals and covered the rear spring perch. I saved it from the scrap pile and put it to good use.

Attached Files:

20. MrModelT

MrModelT

Here are some better pics for you all

Attached Files:

21. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Nice pictures, great car! I like the one of it in front of the barn the best.:D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  22. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Those last pics are great, nice work! The car looks stellar!

23. Uncle Jess

Uncle Jess
    from Western Ny

24. MrModelT

MrModelT

Thanks!
    To me, it just seemed natural to shoot it with the barn as a back drop...just fits that whole early '30s farmboy "Gow Job" mystique. Who knows, she could have spent time in that barn during the war when the farmboy enlisted after Pearl.....lol!

25. GreaserTats

GreaserTats

Your not new to a wrench though, thats what matters. Great build

26. MrModelT

MrModelT

Finally got my High-comp head and MAN!....what a difference!
    That head gave my T alot of kick, 10 extra HP to be exact! It will climb hills effortlessly now in O.D. and cruises nice at around 50-55. I also took it on long distance trip last weekend, the longest run I have had it on, about 110 miles...in the rain. Lets just say it was very, VERY wet. The top did work, but the water just came in everywhere else. My buddy Chris was with me, following in his '63 Corvair 900 and sead that I had 9 ft rooster tails coming off my wheels...while he enjoyed his nice dry hardtop :) lol!

Attached Files:

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That car just keeps getting better. It's great to see a guy continually make improvements but not changes for the sake of change. I'll have to say that it is one of my favorite cars on the forum
    I would bet that the barn photo will be the background on a lot of guys computers before the day is over. Your photography work is every bit as good as the work on the car.

28. Buildy

Buildy

Just saw this thread for the first time today.

I love that car and the photo in front of the Barn is Perfect!

Keep posting about what you are up to.

How about some of your vintage photos? Would be great to see some of them.

If you have any spare time,that is!

29. MrModelT

MrModelT

Mr48chev,

It is quite flattering to get such comliments on any build from your colleagues, espeacialy your first build. I agree about changes to improve and changes just to change things. I am quite pleased with my T's appearence and will not change it, but refine it over time. Sometime in the near future I plan to add a 3:1 rear end gear set to replace the original Ford 3.63:1 set I have now. I want to increase my top speed, but keep RPMs down in my power band. Ts redline around 1,900 and that is about 55+ for my car, but they like around 1,082 to 1,100. I would like 60+ at about that RPM range. I also plan to finish the interior, which will be treated to original pleated leather in burgandy from a 1940 Packard 180 pheaton. It is nicely aged and will make an awesome interior.

Buildy,

I have been meaning to post some of my Grandfather's vintage photos from about 1953 to 59. Recently, I have been able to get in contact with a few members of his club, The Pacers and was able to get some info on most of these cars. Here are a few of the best. I will post some more later in both B&W and Color that are realy cool.

Enjoy!

1.Myles Theberg's Chrysler Hemi Dragster
    2.Wayne MaHaffrey's '35 Ford Conv. Sedan. Ran a Flathead Caddy. Was the first car from the NW to be featured in HRM.
    3.Ken Austin's '27 T. Ran a Ford OHV 6 with home made pistons 14:1 comp
    4. unknown flatie fired rail dragster
    5. unknown '34 3-window

Attached Files:

30. MrModelT

MrModelT

1.Bob Eyers GMC 6 dragster (early photo)
    2.Gary Gunthry '31 5-window
    3.Bob Eyers GMC dragster
    4.Justin George's '27 T Ran it @ bonniville "turned 153"
    5.unknown '41 Ford custom
    6.caption reads "A real sports car, Jag" one of 2 XK120s in the Portland Drag scene at the time.

Attached Files:

out plowing likes this.