Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1st build - '30 sedan/'32 chassis - UPDATE 11/12/13 PROJECT COMPLETE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskoolrodder, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Good job dude! Neat car, I know you're gonna drive the shit out of it.

2. Wow! Very kind thank you

3. WOW! LOVE THE DASH!!! Makes me want to take my old piece of junk and put it under a tarp never to be seen again. I built mine when I was 25 and didn't know anything. I love to change some things but then I don't want to because that's it's history now. It has stayed together for 10 years and many, many miles and turned a 11.63 at the HAMB drags last year.

Your sedan couldn't be any better. Great job!

4. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Nice build. Your attention to detail really trumps lack of "experience". Lots of "builders" out there cranking out bellybuttons over and over with not one original idea. Looking forward to seeing the finishing come together.

5. sololobo

sololobo

Killer car bro, congrats on a cool sedan. ~sololobo~

6. zeke1270

zeke1270
    from Alberta

That's going to be a car everyone stares at when your out cruising. Nice job so far.

7. detroitboy27

detroitboy27
    from katy, tx

no problem, anytime man

8. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

Re: fold up seats. Functionality is half the fun of using it, if you don't like the look, make mounts that the seats clip into when needed. Taking a couple kids along is a blast.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. Wow, nice build and thread!
    Me likes how it's shaping up.

10. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

Great car!

11. chubbie

chubbie

good job, your coments about tilt wheel and mustang seats;) I have tilt and mustang seats in my A, after 5 hours down the BIG road i'm looking for anything to change!!! seat up wheel up seat back... and still walk like a "cob" in the ....

12. Very nice indeed sits just right

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  13. Nocero

Nocero

Man you have come a long way in a short time! Nice work.

14. boutlaw

boutlaw

Olskool you have created one beautiful ride. I like everything you've done, just an outstanding job. Sometimes its hard when you're out in the shop by yourself for those long hours, weekend after weekend, to see the end result but you hung in there. Having your buds over for body lifts and engine help is always a big incentive to step up the pace. It took me a couple of years to build my coupe and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. And, you've difinitely got some art skills going on as well. My coupe drawings never looked as good as yours. Its your car, your way. Way cool.

BOutlaw

15. Well thanks man! That's one reason right there I love this site. I think everyone on here regardless of how much building experience they have, get it, know the sacrifice, torment, joy, frustration, day in and day out how almost regimented you have to be to almost force yourself to go out night after night, weekends, etc just to see it thru. This was what to me has been the hardest. I am just to the point that I want to drive the damn thing and start the tinkering and modifying stage. Anyway, you have an awesome coupe, great build yourself. Thanks again for the props.

16. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Awesome build...nice looking car!!

17. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Hey for a first try you nailed it! Well almost. Only thing that would make it better would be to have a Nailhead up front.

18. Thanks man, yes I agree but, my uncle gave me a free freshly build motor so I took it. I originally bought a flathead I intended on using but after I started pricing rebuilding it, speed parts, etc. I realized I didn't have the money so sadly I gave up on that dream. Maybe someday. This one I figure will at least get me on the road and cruising.

19. You have hit the nail on the head with this build thats for sure, I see alot of sedans built that in my eyes just don't have the look but yours really does it for me, its proportionatly correct and is pretty much perfect in my eyes (except for the SBC, haha)
    If thats your first build,I can't wait to see the second.
    Keep up the good work.

20. great job...... sweet tudor!

21. bronco gasser

bronco gasser
    BANNED
    from GB WI

kool ride nice work!!!!!!

22. TheSandman

TheSandman

Wow man, looks bitchin!

I'm building a 30 tudor AV8. I'm in the early stages so I'm trying to figure out which route I want to go. The 32 chassis looks really good. Got me thinking.......

Keep up the good work and add more pics when you can!

23. e-tek

e-tek
    from SK, Canada

Putting my kudo's in too! Fantastic work on the dash and the lines flowing through to the back! Great stance and chop too - you've got skills! Thanks for posting it all up for us.

24. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW amazing work ,Great build. I think you nailed it on the head.

25. Thanks, will do, have more pic coming soon. Good luck on your build, my sub floor had been hacked out which made locating the body where I wanted I little easier I guess, lot more work though. Can't wait to see your pics.. Check out Gary Maxwell's frames. Can't say enough about it. I didn't mention this but he notched both the front and back, and I told him the drive tran I was going with and knowing this he pushed the front crossmember and trans mount forward an inch to keep me out of the firewall. He also pinched the frame for the '30 body.

Good luck!

26. Very kind, thank you very much!

27. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great build, vision, and nice work! I'll look forward to checking it out at the LSRU in April.

Malcolm

28. Smokey2

Smokey2

ols-kool-rodder....

Been following your build, not into "A's', But your's
    has kept my attention......Do I have to wait A Month? to see More ........

Well, I be Hanging by My Thumbs ! :cool:

29. ChefMike

ChefMike

cool I like very much what you have done with this build I will check back when shes painted

30. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

very nice work . but i dont see the "old school" part !