Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1959 Ford F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53olds, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Yeah mine has been sitting patiently. I'll check him out.

2. Wow..truck has not been touched. Has a fine layer of dust on it while the 79 gets soaked in the driveway..slowly rusting.

3. Get on the f100! I got to do the same lol

4. Gonna roll her out and work on her today in the rain. Might start a new thread soon..this one is long.

5. Awesome! What's next.on the truck? It looks great. I have another cab,bed and front clip coming in the next week or so hopefully
    So I will finally have some progress soon.

6. Plans failed..rolled it out and tried working on it but my buddies that were gonna come by bailed on me. And I couldn't take the puddle and cold..back into the garage she went. Got a couple pics but yeah..

7. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

I know how it is. Keep looking at my panel and saying soon. Cold weather and no garage, doesn't encourage much progress. Crew cab is in storage until Spring. Too many people kept driving by wanting to buy it.

8. You will get some wrenching time soon Jon. I'm sure of o
    It.

9. Got my driveline shortened just a bit ago and have it sitting in there. Just need bigger U joints now

10. Here's the problem. I need a U-joint application chart..so if ya know of one post it up.

Attached Files:

11. Well no updates but the 79 chevy is now gone.

12. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

If you take your yoke out of the trans, and the drive shaft to a good parts store, they can hook you up with a cross u joint that will cover both end sizes.

13. only need the rear

14. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Same story, if you can get the differential yoke off. You might be able to measure it, and talk to a driveline shop to get what you need. They can tell you how to measure it. Are you running the stock Ford rear axle? I know we have two driveline shops close to where I live that are quite familiar with cross joints. Once you have the sizes, any good parts store should have them. Do you have a Clutch Masters or Inland Truck parts near you? The yellow pages should list drive shaft shops.

15. I learned from a buddy how to measure them and even found a diagram showing how. I have a 8 3/4 new yorker rear end in it. I just haven't felt motivated to go to the auto parts store.

16. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Now the truth comes out. LOL quit slackin & get to drivin.

17. I havent had motivation for my 60 for a while either...But today I finally got the new u joints pressed into my drive shaft and yoke after work. Monday the (new to me) cab,bed and front clip should be here.

18. Sweet, I got motivated tonight and adjusted my door striker plate so now it latches with two clicks. passenger side tomorrow

19. tguptill

tguptill
    from Maine

My 57 is on the back burner till spring. No heat in the garage. Hopefully it will be on the road next summer. That is my goal to make it a driver and then take it apart to clean and paint everything. Would like to drive it for a while and work out the bugs first.

20. Ordered a steering wheel adapter and it came early yesterday so I finally installed the grant wheel that was off my moms old 68 mustang she had when I was a baby. Also bought some header collectors..

Attached Files:

21. Well the build has not gone anywhere. Trying to find somebody to help get it done in a quick time. Gonna talk to my girlfriends Uncle because he has a big shop a mile away and he builds hot rods and race cars. I also went in on the 7th to take my driving test and did really good but failed, there was a handful of minor things I 'did'. So in 26 days I'll go again. Today is also my girlfriend and I's one year anniversary.

22. Rolled her halfway out and had the new shop radio blastin and a buddy came over and helped instal the shifter. I just need to adjust the cable now.

Attached Files:

• frf.jpg
      frf.jpg
      File size:
      277.7 KB
      Views:
  23. Better get it done...and really study your drivers license stuff! Springs around the corner!!

24. Gonna be starting a new thread saturday evening. Be ready for a big step in the build!