Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1959 Continental Convertible Barn find!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Malarkey_BS 13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Get us a few good pictures of that beautiful car parked in front of some fancy architecture buildings, when the sun is out and the leaves are on the trees, I'd like to use them for desktop wallpaper, I'll check back ,subscribed ,,,,,,

Attached Files:

2. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Once the weather turns around for me, I'll get those pictures for ya! I should have more pictures later today of when I found it and the process:)

3. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Are you putting wide white radials or bias plys? That car looks sinister! What are the plans? I like the lancers Goozaz(sp) has on his 60! Just like the turnpike cruiser, ford/lincoln/mercury didn't have cool hubcaps..

4. Please tell me it ain't sitting outside going to shit! Man that car is way to nice to suffer that fate!

5. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Hell No! It has its very own 10' X 30' storage unit... The only reason for that is cuz it sticks out about 4' from my garage...

6. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

More pictures :)

Attached Files:

7. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

a couple more...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Great story, great car! Congratulations!

9. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:):eek: I had an IDEA. Build a CARSON TOP! :cool:Hang on , I'll look up a thread and post some directional pictures,,,,,,,,:D A 2 top car whoa!

10. skoh73

skoh73

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit! Lucky dog.

11. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

"One cool addition might be a 6 X 2 intake and a half dozen carbs...that would wow them at the shows!"

The last guy quit driving it because it was too expensive.... when gas was 24 cents a gallon. I don't think I would put 5 more carburetors on it.

12. Smokey2

Smokey2

Congrats..........Ypu landed a "big one" .

These autos are super smooth and quite.

Tom McCahill wrote many years ago in His
    Road Test Report : " A pleasure to drive, A
    nightmare to maintain".

I still Love The Sculpured Beasts, and I've
    heard they get about 12 mpg.............. 6 in
    town and 6 on the road !

Enjoy, an, Yeow I believe you've got a Keeper.

smokey2

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  13. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

I thought about a Carson Top, that I think would still be a fantastic idea!:cool:

14. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

A 6X2 would be a dream... if I could find it all and not go broke in the process...

HAHA yeah 12mpg, more like 9 on the hwy and 4 in town... going downhill.... with a back wind.... still... I've never driven anything like it

15. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

That is quite a ride, WOW !

16. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

It is a nightmare to maintain, but only for the fact that you can't find anything for it, and if you do its liable to tear your wallet right out the back of your pants.... if I even though about gas while driving this, the gauge would go down on just the thought alone... Everything for this
    car or associated with it, is damn expensive!!$$$ :(

17. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)I m looking for the thread at leisure, It was done on a Shoebox coupe or 2 door , 1st structure is steel rod ,2nd chicken wire , looked like aluminum not galvanized . interior headliner was run length ways , I ll keep looking .south Florida car , he drove to the GNRS in 2011,:D

18. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Nice NICE car! Those babies are HUGE!

19. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Thanks crashfarmer! Yeah im pretty sure everybody who sees me driving, thinks im compensating for somthin....... Hahaha

20. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)Carson top car I was talking about . not a great pic. :eek:

Attached Files:

21. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

oh good god, would that look amazing on the car... looks like i may be investing in some steel rod and chicken wire.... :cool:

22. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)I misstated steel rod , mostly elc conduit, I preparing to post the pictures , within the next hour.:D

23. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

That would be a little lighter in the end i suppose with the conduit... PICTURES!! I've seen one or two Carson's being built, each one was different in aspects of what the frame was being built with... i would have to look into a bit more... definitely gonna look close at the pics when posted!

24. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)The main thing of design is your high bow must be lower to achieve the Carson top look so it don't look like a convertible. You will need to also design the best way to do the rear window. That may take a lot of thought.:cool::eek:

Attached Files:

25. 29tudor

29tudor

Damn man, that things gorgeous. I've always loved the 58/59 Lincolns! Nice work

26. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

27. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D:eek:And another outstanding "battle cruiser"hits the road.A friend of the family had one of those when I was growing up.The ride was a real dream.
    Mom,Dad and my sister and I rode to West Palm Beach with him and his wife one day.Going down I 95.All of a sudden his wife screamed,YOU`RE going 100 MPH slow down.Hehehe.Was a REALLY smooth ride at 100.That`s a REAL keeper.Don`t let it get away.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

28. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Thanks Tudor!!

29. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Thanks Woodbutcher! I'm not sure if im dreamin still for the fact its mine! But definitely a dream driver, im surprised how quick it gets up and goes! :):D

30. Malarkey_BS 13

Malarkey_BS 13
    from Chicago

Tnomoldw It doesnt seem like it would be too much of a task to get a frame built, im wondering how i would secure it to the car with out having to add much if any "hardware"... But that car is gorgeous!!! im glad you brought it to my attention... I was thinking carson top but didn't really have much for references