Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1957 Lincoln Premiere "Sunsation" Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by El Capo, Oct 23, 2015.

1. CHAMP:t

CHAMP:t
    from KC, Kansas

Lovin' this build as do many. That chop is exactly what I want to do to my '58 Ford someday soon.

chryslerfan55 and El Capo like this.
  2. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Well, who ever said building a car was easy? Then again, no one said it was impossible either... As "Sunsation's" transformation begins to move closer and closer to the end goal, I come across more little hurdles. The latest of these hurdles is in the form of "rust"... After peeling the insulation off the floor, I came across a pretty clean floor, with a couple little exceptions. Now the project went from opening the tunnel, to repairing the rust spots. Rust repair is done, now onto completing the tranny cross member and mount and onto opening the tunnel for clearance. With weather changing, I need to step up the game to get her back to the shop for body and paint soon. However, not before getting a few ideas completed on the interior which I'll reserve until it's completion... Stay tuned for what's up next... In the meantime, Keep it humble and keep it Kustom... HFFH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

cool news :)

El Capo likes this.
  4. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Well with Kustom builds, it's a never ending story... Sometimes good metal has to be sacrificed for the greater good of the build and it can appear to look as if 1 step was given forward, and 3 steps taken back... Again, it can appear as such, but not the case at all... Finally the Engine and tranny are married, in the car and positioned. Next is the building the tranny mount off the cross member and onto the air ride. Meanwhile, wiring will be done for the engine and exhaust manifolds will follow. Not too far from getting it on the road, FINALLY... Oh yeah, and did I mention sometimes you have to get a little ingenious when resources are limited... Always a fun time, needless to say. Keep it humble and Keep it KUSTOM!!! HFFH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. chopper york

chopper york
    from England

Awesome work there Brotha!! HFFH!!

El Capo likes this.
  6. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

So little by little, we're in the home stretch to get "Sunsation" back on the road to Kustomsville... Tranny is fully in, mount fabricated and positioned to function. all areas needing connecting are for the most part done. Carburator, Fuel pump and Power Steering pump are in, now just running lines for plumbing. Hopefully by this weekend, I will finally hear the 368 Y Block "Beast" roar once again... Stay tuned for updates... Keep it humble and keep it Kustom... HFFH

[​IMG]

7. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

very good news :) what is the alternator ?

El Capo likes this.
  8. You're engine looks awesome. Good color choices. BTW, what is HFFH?

9. loudbang

loudbang

Ditch that awful RED carb name sticker or paint it sliver. LOL

El Capo likes this.
  10. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

I'm so mesmerized by the rest of the engine, that was lost in my view altogether... lol

loudbang likes this.
  11. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

It's a regular Saginaw style, 120 amp Power Master. You can find it at any auto parts store.

loudbang likes this.
  12. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Thank you... That's a my car club acknowledgement... Hoods Car Club.

13. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Every second invested in every detail, is not to show off good or bad work; but rather show pride of build and ownership... More work to come and be done... One bolt, one washer, one detail at a time... HFFH
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. bobo1

bobo1
    from France

Ok thank you ;) I would like to put on mine

15. 'Mo

'Mo

Updates?

El Capo likes this.
  16. Retroline

Retroline

Glad to see this come back up. Sorry I did not get back to you regarding the transmission, looks like you got it sorted anyway. I left the stock trans in mine and I'm happy with it. What are your plans for front windshield? This is the thing that has stopped me from chopping the top. The proportions are perfect with yours, they always need a lower roofline.

17. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

I do have updates which I'll be posting here soon. In the final touch ups of Stage 2 now.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  18. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

I'll be taking it to a friend, Tony Gomes at Tri Valley Auto Glass & Upholstery, to do my glass. He does amazing work and is also the owner of a great historical Kustom which is getting amazing attention; the Richard Gregg "The Capri".

chryslerfan55, Retroline and loudbang like this.
  19. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

So after a long pause, "Sunsation" will once again continue getting it's long overdue make over. I am in the final stages of mock up for interior and completion of driveline and suspension. The engine finally got going and it starts and sounds super healthy. It is a matter of a couple weeks to have it drive under it's own power once again and then begin the teardown for body and paint once again. In the meantime, here are some pics of the seat mock up and the seats are only the beginning of the vision to it's interior.... Keep it humble and Keep it Kustom... Road to Kustomsville is on... HFFH

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, loudbang and bobo1 like this.
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. 20150410_092225.jpg There is a 57 lincoln 2 door for sale up the road from my place 1500 obo.
    I would like the heads and distributor for my 54 lincoln motor with f600 exhaust and mk ll valve covers

22. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

I have a pair of both of those. I'm actually selling the Ramhorns but am keeping the Valve covers. Let me know if you're interested. They are in the classified section of the HAMB.

I have a

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
    from NJ

Nice work! If it were mine I'd prolly try to get rid of as much rubber as possible on the pressure side of the fuel pump. Jack E/NJ

gasline.jpg

24. Love those valve covers! :)

chryslerfan55, El Capo and loudbang like this.
  25. jeffyg82

jeffyg82

Nothing wrong with a little rubber hose on pressure side of fuel system there is only like maybe 6 psi..... I think this build is off the charts keep it up can't wait to see it done!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, loudbang and El Capo like this.
  26. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Do you think you will have it far enough along that it will be in Santa Maria this year? I bet that's what your shooting for isn't it?

El Capo likes this.
  27. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Most likely not. I don't think I'll go to Santa Maria this year.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  28. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

Challenges, challenges, challenges... Sometimes the challenges that come in front of us feel as if any progress made was wasted. However, it is not the case. I've came to find that building something with this level of Kustomization and not having the proper equipment or tooling at times, can make the build more challenging than initially thought or even intended. I keep on getting asked if I'll sell this car once it's built. I can't say for sure I would or wouldn't consider it, the one thing I can state is; this car will have a whole lot of worth to me and that price will have to be matched to the hours, blood, sweat, tears and beers put into it.

On a better note, there is some progress to show. The car now starts, has a driveline and exhaust. Working thru a few 'gremlins' on the engine at this time and getting the brakes bled and working. Hopefully the next couple weeks will see the car working and moving under it's own power once again and then off to get glass done and that in itself will be a challenge for Tony Gomes of Tri Valley Auto Glass. Looking forward to posting more progress in the next few weeks and hoping to get her going soon... Little progress adds up to big results... Keep it Humble and Keep it Kustom...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, bobo1, pcbart and 2 others like this.
  29. El Capo

El Capo
    from San Jose

There are times when Life just takes you on a different course than intended, however You somehow manage to not loose sight of your intended goal. This has been the case with "Sunsation" trials, obstacles and challenges consistently are present along this build. Nevertheless when I saw Her on the floor for the first time with it's intended stance, I fell in love with her once again... Patience, perseverence, discipline and drive will get her done soon... Kustomville is in sight.. STAY TUNED... KEEP IT HUMBLE AND KEEP IT KUSTOM! HFFH
    IMG_1022.JPG
    IMG_1040.JPG

Okie Pete, Stogy, tomkelly88 and 10 others like this.
  30. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What about the windshield; it's going to take some serious geometry to get that right.