Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1957 Ford Ranchero Build Topic

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Javier Garcia, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Hopefully will start seeing primer this coming week!

2. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

3. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

After a loooong road trip, a blown out tire on the trailor, and a lot of laughs. We found a 57 wagon for the parts I need!

Special thanks to Noel for all his help and willingness to pick up the trailor and haul with his truck! 20150221_194132.jpg 20150221_194147.jpg

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Just found your thread and it looks like you're off to a good start. Whats gonna happen to the wagon?
    I've wanted a '57 Ranchero for decades, almost had one a few years ago, with similar floor and rocker issues but otherwise solid body. It even had a late '60s 390 stuffed in it. Unfortunately there were issues with the title and VIN #s not matching. I'll be following your progress from here on out.

5. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Javier.Nice build.Just my opinion:rolleyes:,but I think that you should have kept the heater.How do I know?I was born and raised in Fl.10-45 to 10-85.It is a bitch to get the slop and slime off the inside of the windshield during rainy and cool to cold weather.
    Lived in Vero Beach and saw more cold and freezing weather than I would have liked to over the 40 years.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

6. Sucks your inner fenders were stolen for what? 15 cents a lb. The car is coming along nicely. Keep us updated and visit www.57fordsforever.com sometime. My tag there is my name Rich Muise...here I don't want anybody to know who I am, LOL.

7. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Unfortunately the wagon is very rusty, so after it gets the parts I need taken off, and some spare parts that I will just keep, it will most likely get sent to the junk yard.

I would've liked for it to be a little more solid and put it to the side for a few but it's not worth it.

8. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Thanks!
    We wanted a clean engine compartment, and we might be adding vintage air system. But we will see.

9. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

I couldn't believe something he might have gotten maybe 20 bucks cost me a lot of headaches and delays!
    But that's the way things go sometimes, but I'm not quitting on this one!

10. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Here's some pics of when I went today to the bodyshop, and tomorrow we are picking out the color!:D

Body guy said some more blocking and then some high build primer, block and paint! 20150222_114515.jpg 20150222_114633.jpg

11. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

Nice job! Can't wait to see color.

OahuEli likes this.
  12. Javier...make sure you get new cowl drains put on before you assemble the front fenders...very important unless you want to replace your floorboards again in a few years! Hey Donnie..I'm with you...anxious to see the color. You don't suppose that matte pink on the back was a trial do you?. lol
    Root beer would be great on that car.

13. dos zetas

dos zetas

You did good to pick one with so little rust. Those 57s and 58s were pretty bad for rust...
    I always liked 57s, now that I've seen your chopped chero, I like them even more.
    Keep us updated, please.

14. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

haven't gotten around to order them, but i will!
    Will post pictures of color later today,if we decide.

15. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Very cool project!!

16. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Colors have been picked, hopefully color will be going on soon

17. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

So...you going to tell us or do we have to wait????????????

18. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

I havent decided, if maybe i should wait til the car, or atleast some parts are already painted.o_O

19. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Thanks, at first i wasn't sure i got the right car, but after seeing more project 57's i thought i got a pretty decent deal.
    My plans are just to have a simple vintage style custom, to cruise and enjoy.

20. any thoughts on the tail lights ? I love the roof vents a friend used a 56 buick bumper on his and it look at home

21. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

We have not decided on the tail lights, we may do original lights as I don't want the Cadillac lights. But we may figure a way to modify the stock ones a little bit.

22. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Done to death... but by far my favorite near-bolt in tail light mod... Edsel Bermuda tail lights in '57 Fords.

I found a Bermuda wagon on a side street about two years ago. It was a little rough, and judging by the weeds grown around it, hadn't moved in years. But it still had those tail lights! I thought about it for two days, then drove back over to look at it - and it was gone.

[​IMG]

Todd's Rod's likes this.
  23. Make something like the old sattleights or do a A bros style light

24. Really good job, enjoying this thread, you are doing this right.

25. KustomCandy

KustomCandy
    from Australia

Nice Ute :D

I think I have you on my FB page mate? You post a bit of Bobber sicyle stuff? Thought you were a Stripper or Painter.. (Which the latter you are/where)

Watching to see how she pans out for you.

Dan

26. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Thanks for compliments.
    No FB page, but maybe the guys working on the car have one and that's what you see.

27. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Thanks!
    I went through your truck page, and I really love it!

1927graham likes this.
  28. Javier Garcia

Javier Garcia

Went to a show yesterday, took the cars out to get inspired for the Ranchero.
    Brought my 33 Ford Vicky (not hamb style), and my original 62 Galaxie 500.

Went to the body shop today and owner said Wednesday they will be doing bodywork inside the bed.

Will post more pics soon!

29. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

If ya wanted to go the WOODIE route here is one I saved the wood from. Your project is looking good!!!

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      208.3 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      244.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG