Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1953 Mercury

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Special Sam, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Due to bad health I wasn't able to get my Merc anti freezed up last winter. Cold snap came and I only had time to cut the bottom hoses and pull the goose necks so the water could drain out. Of course the bolts in the goose necks rung off. And there she sit until yesterday. My son got out there and was able to get the bolts out so now I can start trying to get it back together and possibly get something done on it. It's tough when you have no health or money but I sure would like to go for a ride a few times in this car before I leave here!!! Tried to fire it up to get it in the garage and on the lift but apparently it's out of gas. Will have to wait on disability check to get gas but maybe then I can get it in and get started on it. Included a picture of it waiting patiently outside the garage!!!!

Attached Files:

2. ;) Dyslexia? 1935-1953. Neat car, I had one.

Special Sam likes this.
  3. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

“All God’s children got problems, some worse than others."

4. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

They did make a Mercury in 1935, a Chevrolet Mercury...

5. alchemy

alchemy

Getting even more off topic, but I thought Chevy stopped making Mercuries in 33 or 34. ;)

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Chevrolet used the Mercury name for one year only, which was 1933. Ford picked up the name in 1938 so the OP must have a rare one of kind 1935 Mercury, made by Toyota.

7. Always liked the 52-54 Ford & Mercury body styles. HRP

Special Sam likes this.
  8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

OOPS!! My mistake...