Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Chevy Styleline DeLuxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeftCoastErik, May 7, 2011.

1. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks bro, what's up with yours? No recent updates.

I am rocking your shirt today, actually

2. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Love the build man. Looks like you had a sharp ride to start out! The wheels are the exact look I want to go with on my Stude. I want to do a metalflake (read cheap spray bomb metal flake) orange with chrome trim rings. Keep up the stellar work. subscribed!

3. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks man! It was a 20/20 car when I got it. Paint looked MUCH better in pics than in reality. Fortunately it was a lot nicer underneath that paint than I expected

4. Thanks LeftCoastErik! Very good information!<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_7042711", true); </SCRIPT>

5. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Got the hood done and in polyester. The peak turned out perfect

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

6. Racrdad

Racrdad

The peak looks really nice. Good job!!

7. Squids50

Squids50
    from cal

LeftCoastEriK, I am new to the site. I have a 1950 fleetline with newer 235 from 60 PU with 3 on the tree. Your build is killer. I have a few questions for ya. I saw you posted someting about a AC unit what did you go with? I am also going to make my 50 a daily driver. Also what year S10 did you use the rear end from? Plus what did you do for the driveline. Oh ya can ya give me a rough idea on what ya spent for the rearend and trans swap. That way I can give the wife a heads up. I can tell her we need to put a T5 and newer rearend in it so the AC willl work.

8. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

that is lookin real sweet.

9. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks guys! Squids, that sounds like a great plan. If you are local you can cruise by and check it out. Should be back in my hands sometime this coming week so I can get going on the air ride. The whole t5/s10 thing has been covered a million times on here, but the basics are this: 2wd t5 from an s10, you want a pre-93 (I believe) unit if you want to make a mechanical speedo work. Then you want an s10/small blazer rear end from a 4x4. This will give you a limited slip. Custom make the driveline. Use Walton or one of the other Alliance vendors for the right rear springs. Mine will be for sale with 1100 miles on them in about 2 weeks. Price will be all over the map. If you can score at pic-n-pull for the trans and rear, you might be out $500 or so. I was impatient, so I think I have about $900 in both. Driveshaft will run you a couple of hundred. You want a trans mount from Walton or Hot Rod Works (there are others too.)
    Talk to the great folks at Patricks Antique Autos about the AC. Its from Old Aire. You can do a Vintage Air unit and make it work too, but Patricks had the setup with all the right brackets for the 235.

10. sickritch

sickritch

man love the lines!! now im missing my 50 deluxe i was starting the acceptance chapter in our lives! bad time to find your thread its been a year and still cant get over her!

11. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Another pic from ben at blue collar.looking badass!

Attached Files:

12. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

The car is looking good. I dig the hood.

13. gsport

gsport

lookin' way cool.. i wish i had half the "go-get-em" you've got.

14. rat pup

rat pup
    from houston

car is turning out great, good work man.

15. Squids50

Squids50
    from cal

Erick, thanks for the info. I am pretty close so when you get it back. I would like to come check it out.

16. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Stopped by blue collar today. Snapped some pics. Its getting spool close. These guys are true artists

17. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Pic

Attached Files:

18. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Another

Attached Files:

19. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

One more

Attached Files:

20. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Picking it up friday to get going on the air ride. Want it driving for the Gambino / winfield workshop in december

21. Squids50

Squids50
    from cal

LeftcoastErick, thats killer bet you can't wait to get it back in your hands again. That would be cool if you drive it to the Gambino / winfield workshop. I signed up for that one also. Went to one of Genes classes years ago.

22. sololobo

sololobo

Just stumbled on to this build. Wow! I love the styleline body style and it looks awesome with the chop. I also love how the build started so subtle and is ending up a full blown custom deluxe. The inline is awesome, I am sure it sounds way mean. Really great work man, you are brave as hell. It sure helps to have some great friends and a cool shop for a little hand with this major chop. Just friggn awesome bro. Thanx for sharing the cool build. ~sololobo~

23. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Thanks Solo, my wife would substitute "stupid" for "brave" though. Yeah, big thanks to Dave Hitch for hooking me up with Scott and the crew at Blue Collar, they definitely iced the cake.
    Squids, I am gonna try like hell. Need to finish the roof and paint it so I can do the glass, etc. I think I can live without heat for 30 miles. We'll see, it'll be a stretch since I hoped to have it back a month ago, but hopefully I can make it. Look forward to meeting you

24. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Nice build thanks for posting
    MrC.

25. Adrian Rollini

Adrian Rollini

This was mine 5 years ago I want to get another one they make great customs and cruisers.

[​IMG]

26. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Here's a teaser. I picked it up last night but it was dark and now its raining. Once it clears ill get it out of the trailer and take some pics

Attached Files:

27. Squids50

Squids50
    from cal

Looking good hope to see it next month.

28. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

Its gonna be a thrash but if I have can get the windshield in it I will bundle up the and make the drive....crap it needs headlights too...

29. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

That chop came out great!

Gonna be a nice cruzer.

30. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

I got her out of the trailer for a couple of pics with about a minute to spare before it started raining again. These pics show its current ride height and highlight the Blue Collar Customs work on the roof section and gas door. Their work is amazing, and I couldn't be happier. Now if I could take a couple of weeks off, I might get it driving in primer again.....Probably not gonna happen:rolleyes:

Attached Files: