Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1941 Ford pickup build thread, 303 Olds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40FORDPU, Apr 4, 2018.

1. redzula

redzula

Subscribed... Planning to put a 303 in my 36 pickup... Hoping some of your solutions might help me even though it won't be the same.

Any more progress?

Sent from my rotary phone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. I got side tracked on yet another '40 p/u- frame up..a bit off topic MII frt end 350/350 (see pic), and renovating a vacation house project.
    I've ordered the Cartouche interior for the convertible, and have the '39 scheduled for interior (black tuck and roll).
    I'll be back to the '41 in the hopefully near future..got a lot of things going on right now though.
    IMG_3340.JPG

3. Karl Grossman

Karl Grossman

Any time a guy (or gal) with an appreciation for the history of and the respect for our American love of automobiles has the tenacity, talent and desire to keep one on the road, it's a beautiful thing. It's what has been going on here since the early days of the last century. We can only hope that the younger generations will keep the art alive. To all of you builders, restorers and fans of what we older guys do and have done...…. keep it going. Karl - NorCal Rods

Stogy and 40FORDPU like this.
  4. Gabby

Gabby

I picked up a 41 1/2 ton about 1 year ago. Has 303 with stick, Olds dash and rear end. Last driven around 1970. I may sell it as I just got a 51 Ford club coupe and a 26 tall T coupe that is at the top of my project list.

Stogy likes this.
  5. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Looks like a really neat project! And you've got a great collection of cars!

40FORDPU likes this.
  6. Sounds like a cool old Hot Rod..any pics?

Stogy likes this.
  7. I got back on this project (splitting time between this and renovating vacation house).
    I stripped frame, cleaned it and a quick coat of paint.
    This build is intended to be a driver..efforts toward "driver" quality (my typical).
    IMG_2880 (1).JPG IMG_3497.JPG

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  8. Cleaned up/painted engine. IMG_3522.JPG

9. Engine back in chassis, 8" Maverick rear end installed with Wedeter rear spring kit, 4" dropped axle, brake lines/fuel lines, hyd. clutch lines installed.
    IMG_3528.JPG

10. Exhaust routing can really be challenging on these.
    I opted for the universal exhaust that resembles a U (available thru Various sources), cut/splice/weld/fit.
    I will extend further out, and install round glass packs. IMG_3532.JPG IMG_3533.JPG IMG_3534.JPG IMG_3536.JPG

11. Update, I decided to sell this truck, so removed Olds eng/trans, and installed the easy/typical 350/350.
    I'm thinking seriously about putting the Olds in my '40 convertible.
    The finished pickup:
    IMG_3681.JPG

12. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Neat pickup
    It should be an easy sell

13. Thanks, I should have mentioned, it did sell.