Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1937 ford pick up build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goldflake, Jul 26, 2009.

1. goldflake

goldflake

built this hot rod in my garage in 5 months...lot of sweat blood and tears...

Attached Files:

2. milorat

milorat
    BANNED

I believe that's "Blood,Sweat and Tears" but the truck looks great.......

3. GearHeadDiver

GearHeadDiver

Looks great!....Love the lettering on the door...
    Heres mine.... just finished last month.

Attached Files:

4. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

looks good! gets me anxious to start working on my '35 again

5. goldflake

goldflake

yea blood sweat and tears...but worth it all.

6. goldflake

goldflake

7. Nice work. I can't wait to get my 38 that far along.

8. 64 dart

64 dart
    from murrieta

look's good just started my frame for my 58 willys cab. I want the same look as yours what is your wheel base and what are running for a rearend

9. case12

case12

Very nice. I am building a '36 now.

How low did you have the frame from the ground with wheels and suspension? How much did you channel the body? (It looks like quite a bit). Did you move the floor up, or do a tunnel? Lastly, how deep is the bed - ie, I presume it was channeled a lot?

Thanks!! Casey

10. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

Hey "case12"... is the 36 in your avatar the one that you are going to build as a channeled and fenderless truck?... you can send your fenders to me, so they aren't taking up space in your garage!... OH no, really, I insist!... I'll be glad to dispose of them for you...just doin my part...

11. goldflake

goldflake

I did not Z the front but went up 18 in the rear. I channeled the body like 6 inches..I did move the floor up the cab has a lot of room in it still. for the bed I used a 1956 ford bed and shorted it 18 inches.

no prob ask away I will try to answer any questions I can to help.

12. goldflake

goldflake

the wheel base is 118 inches from center of front wheel to the center of the rear wheel. I used a chevy 10 bolt out of a 75 nova..the gears were really high 2.73 but great on the freeway and it still did a 50 foot burn out....

13. Burgy

Burgy

Definitely looking good, I started my 38, kind of going in the same direction. That was before I met the hamb, and rodders journal and all them kinds of evil things, and it made me rethink, my going "rudy" style. So I came up with this

[​IMG]

now its gone from simple hot rod, to Indy inspired, fabricate damned near everything, this is gonna take awhile thing :rolleyes: oh well, the model A is my simple build.

I still dig these trucks, when they are done right, something sinister looking about them, you know.

14. case12

case12

Many thanks - I like the look of yours and am right at the point of putting mine back together....so, it is perfect to ask questions and learn from you.

How high is your frame off the ground in front of the Z? When you channeled the cab, how high is the bottom of the cab off the ground?

As for the bed, am I right that you just channel the sides of the bed around the Z and rear axle (to keep the bed aligned with the back of the cab). If so, doesnt that make the depth of the bed very shallow? (if you even put a bed inside)?
    Thank you, Casey

15. Looking good!!
    I love those trucks...

So how much are you going to chop it??

16. BigRyan

BigRyan
    from Tyler,Tx

i love the Stance it sits at, nice a level Looks Killer!

17. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

No its blood sweat and bears :D

18. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

you got fucking bears there helping you build this thing???? hahah sorry had to....I know you meant beers.

19. goldflake

goldflake

ok off the top of my head I think it sat about 12 inches off the ground..I would measure it for you but I sold the truck to a guy in japan..I had no working bed just the frame was exposed and was mounted to the frame. I hope you can see by the picture how the bed sat around the frame....for the front end I used a suicide front end with an extra 3 inch drop....

Attached Files:

20. case12

case12

Many thanks for your answer. I see how you channeled the bed down onto the frame now. That helps me a lot.

So, I am mocking mine up right now and I want to just understand your answer.

The front of the frame at the cab sat about 12 inches off the ground. You channeled the body about 6 inches. Assuming a 4 inch frame, that puts the bottom of the cab about 8 inches off the ground. Is that about right?

We cut the floor out of our cab this week and are working our channel depth right now to try to get the look off the ground you have. We cant go into the weeds because we are in "midwest pot hole territory". We do have a 4 inch dropped axle and reverse eye springs.

Thanks for your answers. It is great to have someone to bounce ideas off of that has done it and learn from your experience. Thanks, Casey

21. Hey Casey, you can check on my build thread how I did my channel...
    Maybe that helps too!!

22. SteadyT

SteadyT

Nice. Best year truck ever :D

23. Wow, I love hot it sits and love the wheels/tires. Good job man!

24. goldflake

goldflake

yea..thats cool I want to see pics when you do your channel....

25. goldflake

goldflake