Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1937 Chev Truck Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K13, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Ghost28

Ghost28

37 Chevy is the best year for chevy trucks. And with a 2 inch chop, full fendered, and tastefull modifications. Bobber trucks are nice. But your truck will stand alone, and stand the test of time...John

2. Thanks for the comments guys I apprecite them alot!

LeadSledMerc-Your build was a huge inspiration for me. I love your car.

ConceptVehicleDesign- I'm not happy with the license plate yet either. It is just tacked in place and I am not quite sure what I am going to do to change it. I think it needs to be moved up so it doesn't hang down so low and maybe round the corners. We will see.

Ace5n85- I didn't do anything with the roof other than adjust the A pillars. I needed to put relief cuts at the bottom and the top to slightly lay them back and push them in a little. It is a pretty small chop though only 2".

Thanks again guys.

3. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

WOW, I do so love this truck. You are doing a really great job on it. Keep it up. Perley:)

4. Thanks guys!

5. Here are a few others. It is basically just a quarter round with a flange on the bottom to mount to the running board. I wanted some shape to the front so I made the dished shape. It also shows the new stake pockets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. And here are some pictures of the back with a fender on. The fender brace is not in place which is why the fender looks like it is leaning in. It is.:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thanks for the pics. That is some nice work! I have never cared for the factory panels and those are a pretty cool answer to them.

8. Thanks. To tell you the truth when I made these I had no idea what the factory panels looked like I just went with what I thought might look good.

9. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Found this link on the Munsters chevy thread.
    This truck is bitchin mate, love the grille and headlight work youve done, plus these
    trucks full fendered are tits! Is the ornamental "trim" on the hood side stock or your
    handywork...its pretty kool eitherway!
    Keep postin pics!

10. mckustoms

mckustoms

Very nice! Keep up the good work!

11. Thanks for posting. The workmanship looks great. I like the headlight treatment. The changes to the rear have been evolving for the better....but I still am not feeling it. But, it is your pickup, and you are doing a fine job. By the way, I don't have a solution for the rear either, but I would run a bumper.

12. CGkidd

CGkidd

Love how its turning out. Looks awesome.

13. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Your truck is looking great! Keep up the good work.

14. Little Terry

Little Terry

Looks good. I really like the front end and the rear is getting better all the time! Keep at it.

Mark.

15. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

K13, I like your truck build. Is that a bellcrank setup you have for the rear shocks and is it somehow tied into the lower airbag bracketry?

16. Thanks guys I appreciate all the comments.

I did make the trim. I just used some brass stock cut the shape with a bandsaw and then rounded the edges with a router. Brass is super easy to work with for this type of thing because you can juts use woodworking tools for it. It will be getting chromed just haven't gotten to that point yet.

I am still finishing off exactly how the bracket is going to work but yes they will tie into lower bag bracket. It was the only way i could figure out how to fit them in.

17. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

X2. I love it. On my list of 'to do'; '37 chivvy truck, (my birth-year). With, of course, L6, & carburetor twice.

18. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

AWESOME JOB. I have to agree with the full fendered statements, glad you kept them. The rear has been getting better with you changes. What do you think it would look like with some small oval shaped tube bumpers like the ones used on a lot of early show rods? They remind me of the ones on go carts...I don't know exactly what they are called. I will look for some pics of what it is I am trying to explain..... Anyhow, keep buildin and postin pics.....AWESOME TRUCK!!!

I found a pic of the ala kart, the little bumpers on the front are like what I was trying to describe. Maybe something like this on the rear?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  19. shadetreerodder

shadetreerodder

Awesome work! I really like the inline engine. There are days I just wanna tank the big block out of mine and put a six in it. I like the way those headlights look it is a nice touch. The pan between the cab back and frame really flows well. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see it done.

20. Flop

Flop

looooooking goooood!!! heres a thought... the rear fender at the bottom is it possible to make it level with the bottom of the bed? might give it a little bit slicker of a look...just my .02 cents

21. Thanks. I aprreciate the suggestion.

I did tried it that way and I thought that the back panel then looked to long top to bottom when I did. This is about the 5th different thing I have tried out back and I just can't seem to find something that I really like. This is about as close as I have come but there are still a few things that bug me about it and that is definitley one of them. The licence plate is another I though maybe I should do a covered plate (behind plexi) right in the middle of the panel like a Westergard style car. I don't know????:confused:

22. Flop

Flop

for the liscense plate i think its grabbing your ever to much because of how it isnt level with the bottom i think if it was rasied to be level with the pan less attention grabbing!!

i looked at the fender again what about mimicking that back stake pocket on the downward curve to meet the pan and be level with the pan with ou being straight across. i think that would loooook killer if ya could get it to work. i wish i had photoshop to show ya what i mean if ya dont catch my drift of what im thinking.

23. The plate actually is level with the bottom I just havent finished cutting the edges of the "box" so that it follows the flow of the roll pan. I think once I get that done it might be better.

I'm not exactly sure what you are suggesting with the fenders. Are you thinking making a curved piece that goes from the bottom of the fender up to the back panel? I appreciate all of the suggestions.

24. 65 impala

65 impala

looks good hope to see more soon

25. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

im loving the build and am interested in how the brakes work out with the underdash m cylinder ,im thinking of going this was on my build with hydroboost to keep the firewall clean.good luck with the build

26. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Uh hum... Do I have to bump this up again with a request for an update??

Oh! WAIT! I just did... OOPS! :D

27. deto

deto

big improvement on the rear section

28. Hey! I thought this was an update. Psych!

29. HAHA. Not much to report. My wife gave birth to our first child, a son, a couple of weeks ago so that has been consuming alot of my time. When I have been "working" on stuff it has been stuff that is not very exciting to show. Wiring, plumbing air lines etc.

Hopefully have more to report in week or so.:rolleyes:

30. Thanks. Still not completely sure that is the way it will stay but for now that is how it will sit.
    HAHA so did I. I was pretty disappointed when it wasn't.:D