Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 1930 Model A Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMcGuire, Oct 21, 2010.

1. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

I finally have some pictures of my 1930 Model A Coupe build my Dad and I are doing. I bought the body from Arrowood on this forum out of Michigan the frame is a standard Z with a fourlink in the rear and split wishbones in the front. I'm running a 350 small block with a Weiand 3 deuce manifold, the headers are a recent purchase from the Hunnert Car Pile Up. The pic of the headlights are a 33/34 Ford Commercial. Wheels and tires I found on Ebay they are 17inch 33-34 Ford. Check it out and tell me what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. TxRat

TxRat

looks great. Im no chassis expert but the 4 link chassis mounts concern me.....

3. Looks like a hell of a start to me!

4. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

It's hard to see in the picture but chasis mounts are pretty strong in the rear.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looks like a great start.. Cool body, cool chassis, looks like it will be uh cool........

6. crider

crider

that is gonna be SWEET!

7. looks really good! I was wondering if you ever got anything done on coupe or not..glad you started this thread :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  8. Fenders

Fenders

Great choice of body !!
    17" Ford wire wheels are 33 - 34.

9. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Thanks for all the compliments and identifying the wheels. Hopefully it should be on the road this spring.

10. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Here are some updated pics of the car, its been a long week working on it every night!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Lookin good keep workin & postin!!

12. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

I looked at that body, ho ever chopped it did not know much. Glad you got it and are building it.another one saved.Have fun with it, it is looking good. Keep us posted on any more progress........PINCHER

13. mopar210

mopar210

14. that's not the same body you came and looked it..I've had 3 of them he bought my first one that I had

15. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Here is the most recent pic of the car I have been waiting on getting a good set of doors for this car, the doors that came with the body are sedan. The new coupe doors have been chopped and fit to the car. You can also see my new Firestone rubber in this one.

[​IMG]

16. Looking pretty sinister.

17. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Here are a couple of pics from starting the floor last night. The bracing is made with a top and bottom tubing tapped and bolted together. This will allow the body to be taken off the car with only removing a few bolts and the shifter and not having to remove the driveshaft.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  18. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Here is a picture of the start of the transmission tunnel.

picture.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  19. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Thanks it's starting to look like something!

20. jamn47

jamn47

That car is real nice. Keep it up and keep posting pics.

21. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Cool ride you will enjoy it, great looking car, for safetys concern though I have to agree with TxRat. The tops of your 4 link needs to be tied back to the kick-up, and I am no certified expert either nor am I trying to build your car.....just don't want to see anybody hurt...enjoy my friend

22. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Here are a couple of updated pics we have been working on the floor for a couple of days now and its starting to come together and look really good: Thanks to my Dad's buddy Steve. He's been helping out a lot with the welding and fab. The master cylinder is mounted to the frame and the pedal is now throught the floor. I also threw in a pic of the steering.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Here is an updated picture of the floor with the drive shaft tunnel in. It looks freakin sweet!

[​IMG]

24. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

I just picked up an original pair of Corvette valve covers. What do you guys think paint em black? Polish them? or Just leave them how they are? I am leaning towards painting them black and polishing the fins.

[​IMG]

25. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Here is a couple of udated pics of the car sitting on the ground with the floor in it. I can't wait to drive it....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. DMcGuire

DMcGuire

Here is a couple of udated pictures showing the gas tank we have built to fit in the trunk and the 32 dash with the new gauges in it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

awesome build so far man, only thing that concerns me is the steering link, i always heard that it has to be parallel with the wishbones, but maybe i'm wrong. other than that good luck with the rest of the build!

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Nice! Bring that sucker up north to wayland, mo for the rust revival in may!

29. Hemi8me

Hemi8me

Good looking ride.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">